1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peavey Fury??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by For_Ironys_Sake, Oct 1, 2008.

1. For_Ironys_Sake

For_Ironys_Sake

Jul 7, 2008
    Found this on craigslist and it caught my attention and im considering buying it.

Anybody have any experience with this model?

http://richmond.craigslist.org/msg/852690580.html

Also, is the humbucker at the neck standard? the few models ive seen dont have it.

I dont wanna buy the amp (i have the same one :p ), so im offering 160 at the most...

i dunno, any information you could give would be awesome

2. WoodyG3

WoodyG3

May 6, 2003
    Colorado, USA
    The neck humbucker is not standard. These basses have, IMHO, a very comfortable neck. They are made well, and are a steal at the going used prices.

3. godofthunder59

godofthunder59 God of Thunder and Rock and Roll Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Rochester NY USA
    Endorsing Cataldo Basses, Whirlwind products, Thunderbucker pickups
    The neck pup is a Dimarzio model one, a cool mod imho. Furies are great USA made basses for little $. I paid about 100 bucks for one a few years ago, They can hang with any USA Fender of the same time period.

4. timber22

timber22 Supporting Member

Looks a lot like mine (pic attached), except mine is not mod'ed. That neck pickup and the switches are not standard. BY the way, mine originally had a white pickguard.
    These have a very good P-bass tone and IMO a very comfortable neck, and they are MIA.
    Definitely nice instruments.

100_2510.

5. grumper

grumper

Sep 22, 2008
    Netherlands
    Had this bass in black! BLACK as in all parts, including front and back of the neck in black. Looked 100% stock so quite special I guess. Great neck, and acoustically really nice too. Put some SD's in and had an even better sound. Sold it earlier this year for 175Euro. Don't see them that often anymore, especially not in Europe. MIA is a bonus.