1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peavey Millenium 4 AC BXP Not much info here

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by CM63, Apr 9, 2015.

1. CM63

CM63

Feb 9, 2013
    Walnut Creek, Ca
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
  2. I used to have one.

I wasn't crazy about the dimensions of the neck at the nut - too narrow for my tastes. Also the bass was extremely "hot". Very loud pickups. Electronics run on TWO 9 volts. That can get expensive if you forget to unplug!

Other than that it was a beautiful bass. I had the trans red quilted.

CM63 likes this.
  3. AngelCrusher

AngelCrusher Supporting Member

Sep 12, 2004
    Mesa Boogie, Tech 21, Taylor
    Please post your thoughts. The electronics in it are very good. If it is like other Peaveys, it will play and sound like it costs twice as much as it actually did.

CM63 likes this.
  4. VerryBerry

VerryBerry Supporting Member

Mar 4, 2012
    Alberta, Canada
    Had one until last week when I went into upgrade mode. Agree with AngelCrusher's comments that it did play and sound above its price point.

Also agree with FourStringGirl's comments about the hot pickups, but didn't find it to be a problem with my equipment.

I did have an electronic problem with mine though - the preamp died suddenly. I searched through other TB threads and found a couple of others that experienced the same problem. That's not to say there's a problem with the bass - just relating my experience, and considering the number of these basses out there, I'm sure the failure rate is extremely low. Again, just relating my experience.

Called up Peavey though, and for $46 USD I had a complete preamp, pots, and output jack all wired together. I just had to remove the old electronics and put in the new. Not hard.

Weight and balance of these is good. You won't get a sore shoulder from it. Mine was 8.6 lbs.

CM63 likes this.
  5. CM63

CM63

Feb 9, 2013
    Walnut Creek, Ca
    I just canceled my order! The backorder was moved back to July ugh!