SOLD Peavey Patriot FS

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Scottpro1969, Sep 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scottpro1969

Scottpro1969 Supporting Member

Oct 10, 2005
    Townsend, MA
    This pains me to do but financial issues force me to part with some gear...especially pained by this one.

For sale is my Peavey Patriot. Mahogany body, super-ferrite pickup, tone monster, hsc included. Set up by MNAirHead here on the forum (who did an amazing job). The neck is amazingly fast and thin. 1 1/2" nut. Super low action, fairly new DR Black Beauties. Dunlop straplocks. The pickguard is a bit warped but no big deal. Excellent cosmetic condition.

I recently used this at a gig and a couple of other bassists commented that they thought by my tone that I was playing a Rickenbacker!

Not trying to make money on this, just trying to get back what I have invested into it....though it's worth a lot more imo.

$250 shipped, continental USA only.

Pics to follow. Buying a new memory card for my digital camera today.

2. Scottpro1969

Oct 10, 2005
    Townsend, MA
    pics as promised.

3. Scottpro1969

Oct 10, 2005
    Townsend, MA
    these show staining on the bass from the case foam deteriorating. Obviously purely cosmetic. I think MNAirhead, who did the set-up said that he knows a way to remove this. I didn't see the need to since it didn't bother me.

4. Scottpro1969

Oct 10, 2005
    Townsend, MA
    last two

5. Yakob

Yakob

Nov 15, 2009
    Philadelphia, PA
    GAS

6. Looks like it may have some kind of strap locks on it. Are those coming with (both ends I mean) or will you be trading them out for regular buttons?

7. Scottpro1969

Oct 10, 2005
    Townsend, MA
    It's got the old style Dunlop strap locks on there and will be included with the sale. I don't have the originals anymore.

Hey gm, I've been to Fort Collins...awesome place. I just saw Rush at Red Rocks...amazing show. I'm in the Air Force and had to go to F.E. Warren in WY for training!

8. Didn't notice you were "sorta" close! I'm a cab driver and often get guys from Warren who come down here to party in my cab. Doesn't get much better than Red Rocks, does it? My wife and I have a standing tradition of trying to get there every Fourth of July for Blues Traveler.

9. Scottpro1969

Oct 10, 2005
    Townsend, MA
    Red Rocks is amazing. I'm getting out of the Air Force next year and am considering moving to Colorado. I love it there!

10. Scottpro1969

Oct 10, 2005
    Townsend, MA
    No Patriot love!

11. Love but no cash! I own the matching guitar.

12. Scottpro1969

Oct 10, 2005
    Townsend, MA
    I hear ya man. Still available.

13. If someone wants originals I'll trade... I have a few of the original. chromes for this.

Nice bass..

14. Scottpro1969

Oct 10, 2005
    Townsend, MA
    Tim, what are you talking about?

15. Grebnaws

Grebnaws

Aug 25, 2010
    USA
    I would be all over this but I am waiting for MNAirHead to send me pics for another of his Peavey Patriots. I don't want to break a gentleman's agreement.

16. Greb..

No problem.. This bass is in fantastic shape and would ship tons faster than waiting on me.

The foam staining is super easy to take care doesn't discolor.

Tim

17. Scottpro1969

Oct 10, 2005
    Townsend, MA
    Thanks Tim, you set this up perfectly. Amazing neck and set up.

18. Scottpro1969

Oct 10, 2005
    Townsend, MA
    This baby is on hold pending payment!

19. Reminder.. DO NOT use solvents to remove this foam staining.. PM me.

20. If the buyer wants original Peavey buttons, I'd gladly trade.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 16, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.