1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peavey TL-5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by hentor, Mar 11, 2009.

1. hentor

hentor

Jan 2, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    I have a line on a used Peavey TL-5 for about $500 Canadian (works out to about $390 US). It looks to be in decent shape and plays pretty well.

I love the fact that it's a neck through and it feels decent. Is there anything I should be looking out for with this instrument?
    Any issues that I should look out for?

I've checked the TB archives and people seem to be happy with theirs, any current comments would be appreciated.

2. They are great basses. I should have bought the one at my local music store that was there for about two years. I probably played it more than whoever bought it. For that price, you gotta deal :)

3. 8guy

8guy

Jun 19, 2005
    Madison WI
    When I had Mine back in the late 80s/Early 90s The only problem I had was using it live in actve mode created a lot of Buzz In My old Fender Bassm 50 watt head, I always had tp play it it Passive Mode. Otherwise that thing was a Joy to Look at and play!!!!

4. Beware!!!!!!My friend,look out for several things:

(1)good tone
    (2)exc+ craftsmanship
    (3)Anything else you can think on the + side of this bass.
    (4)Uneducated people will laugh when you pull it out.
    They WILL stop when they hear you play.

Jump on it.Peace.

5. minuseri

minuseri Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Jun 22, 2004
    Great Bass! I have had two in the early and mid 80's. Very modern sounding basses. Great feel. Yes, a hum or some noise, but not enough to care.... Great bass.

6. HIGHLY underrated bass! HIGHLY