1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peavey warlock shape bass??? asking for bass identify

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Harley Nguyen, Dec 16, 2017.

1. Harley Nguyen

Harley Nguyen

Dec 16, 2017
    Dear friend,

I'll appreciate if you can help me identify this bass

My uncle bought it long time ago and now he will pass it to me as a gift ( in next 02 months and he's oversea ). He said it's a Peavey but i can not find any warlock shape bass except B.C Rich so i hope you guy can help me figure it out.

Thanks again!

Attached Files:

2. What does it say on the headstock?
    Have you got a close-up photo of the headstock?

3. Harley Nguyen

Harley Nguyen

Dec 16, 2017
    Unfortunately this is the only pic i got, the bass have been borrowing by his friend so i have no info of the headstock

4. The important part is what it plays like & what it sounds like.
    Whether if be a Peavey or a B.C. Rich, you won't get any support from them, IME.

5. Hi @Harley Nguyen
    Welcome to TB. It's interesting your uncle said it was a Peavey as I've never saw one like it,there's at least one of every Peavey bass in my livingroom and none come close to that shape,not even the later PXD models.

The closest Peavey would have been the Mystic guitar back in 86 (?) but it was more like the BC Rich Bich and no bass models. The pointy headstock is another strange thing,Peavey Tracers and Nitros had pointy headstocks but again no bass models.

When you do get your hands on it please post a photo of the headstock.

6. ispunk

ispunk

Aug 26, 2010
    It kind of looks like it may say Washburn. I do remember seeing a company that licensed the body designs from B.C. Rich during the late 80s/early 90s