1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Pedal for AC 9V 800mA

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by GentProvocateur, Mar 3, 2018.

Tags:
  1. GentProvocateur

GentProvocateur Supporting Member

Well, the AC 9V output on my Truetone CS12 is getting lonely and I hate to see isolated power supplies go to waste. Try as I might I can't find pedals that take 9V AC power that are also within the 800mA range (Line 6 modelers for instance require 1200mA).

What pedals need to be powered by 9V, AC, and 800mA or lower?

Finds so far:
    - Boomerang
    - Rocktron Banshee
    - A boatload of digitech pedals https://www.amazon.com/T-Power-Adapter-Digitech-RP-300A-Processor/dp/B00CY36IUC
    - Foxrox Captain Coconut
    - original whammy

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
    Being and Bass likes this.
  2. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    England
    The CS-12 can probably power the Line6 stuff no problem. Since these supplies use a different switching based technology to most transformer based isolated supplies, they can far exceed the mA ratings on the individual outputs as long as you don't exceed the total for the entire brick. Shoot Truetone an email and I'm sure they'll be able to confirm!

GentProvocateur likes this.
  3. GentProvocateur

Thanks!

4. Being and Bass

Being and Bass

Apr 9, 2017
    Canada
    I had the same question when I got mine! It irritated me so I put a post-it note over the slot and now I just call it the CS11.

5. GentProvocateur

Ugh, that's what I don't want to do but to which am increasingly resigning myself. Seems like it was geared for a bunch of older pedals

6. Being and Bass

Being and Bass

Apr 9, 2017
    Canada
    I think you are right. Most switched to the Boss-style adapters out of simplicity years ago, but some of those older pedals will never leave people's boards.

Worst part? I could really, really use that last spot!