1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pedal to get this warm mellow distortion?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Thirt33, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Thirt33

Thirt33

Sep 15, 2012
    I don't have a lot of experience with pedals but I love the tone he gets on this song. It may just be from overdriving the amp but can you guys think of a pedal that might approximate this. Thanks!

2. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Chamonix Mont-Blanc
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    A Darkglass VMT would nail that tone with creative use of the blend knob. Lovely.

3. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
  4. el_cody_loco

el_cody_loco

Feb 13, 2013
    I might get slammed for this, but I can get these tones from a BOSS ODB-3, combined with a tube amp. Just turn the gain and balance knobs, and then tweak the tone with the EQ knobs. Good, versatile pedal for me, that I could use to get tones like this.

5. chaosmic

chaosmic

Feb 6, 2010
    Raleigh, NC
    I agree. The VMT excels at light overdrive and offers a very wide range of adjustment via the Blend, Era and Drive controls.

6. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Chamonix Mont-Blanc
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    I have also been using mine recently with drive cranked and I love what it does. I would use it as always on, low drive, era knob at about 9pm in my smaller rig (Genz Benz) and then with my big rig (SVT) I run it as an overdrive, drive at 3pm, Era at about 3pm, when I need that extra kick.

One of my favorite pedals for sure.

chaosmic likes this.
  7. jumblemind

jumblemind I also answer to Bryan Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2011
    Knoxville
  8. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Yeah I liked the VMT as well but it still has that Darkglass grit like the B3K has. So now I have the Beta and B3K and they are a great combo to get two very different sounds.