1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

PedalTrain Mini AND Pro... my 2 board plan

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by amfmsb, May 3, 2010.

1. amfmsb

amfmsb

Dec 16, 2007
    I've been toying with this idea for a while and would like to share it here before actually doing it. I play through a PT Pro, my biggest effect influence being Juan Alderete. Sometimes (rarely) I don't want to or can't bring all my effects along, so I've come up with a 2 board solution:

PT Mini & my PT Pro!

PT Mini with my bare essentials, Tuner, compressor, LS2 (explaination to follow) and my modded VT Bass (clean blend, speaker sim bypass, & XLR out) pictured below with the Bass Driver standing in (VT is shipped away being modded by Mike Putnam).

The LS2 would be my on/off swith for the PT Pro, essentially an effects loop. As you can see in picture, I would use the unpainted patch unit to serve as the send/return for the big board, to make things easier.

Now if I don't need "effects" I would just bring the mini. If I only needed one or 2 like an octave, I could swap out the LS2. Also, I already kicked my tuner off my big board, and I miss it. This will let me rearange my big board without having to worry about my staples.

There's also a pic of my big board below as it is now. If I do the mini thing, Ill most likely add the MXR Envelope filter and either my SYB3 or the Digitech BSW.

As far as power, my PTPro has a PP2+ and PPAC which are connected together. I have one spare out let on the AC Im thinking of running a 1 spot from to the Mini. I'd rather use that new compact Pedal Power unit, but space is an issue on the mini- any idias?

27cdc293.

4d06fc4d.