1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Pedulla Rapture 5 String PRICE DROP

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Pedulla?, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Pedulla?

Pedulla? Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2008
    St. Louis, MO
    Up for grabs is my 1995 5-string Pedulla Rapture. Full disclosure: This is a player's bass, as shown. I bought this bass used about 6 years ago in the exact same condition pictured below. Absolutely nothing about the condition of the finish takes away from function or playability. The quick facts are that it's 34 inch scale, with 17.5mm spacing, and comes in at about 9 pounds on the bathroom scale. The bass has a maple body and neck, with a rosewood fingerboard. The electronics are still the stock Pedulla layout;Volume, Bass, Treble, and a mid-boost switch. I tried to photograph the finish wear as accurately as possible. I can of course take more pictures by request. Other than the wear the bass plays as great as any other Pedulla I've owned. Super thin and fast neck, and ultra punchy, especially with the mid-boost engaged. I switched to 6 string this year and now this one just sits on the stand, and that just doesn't seem right. I'm not looking for much of anything for trades other than maybe a fretless 6 string of comparable value. Feel free to PM with any questions or offers.

Now $900 Shipped

NO international buyers, sorry.

IMG_1317. IMG_1318. IMG_1319. IMG_1320. IMG_1321. IMG_1322. IMG_1323. IMG_1324.
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
    totallywink and joebar like this.
  2. JZQuantum

Oct 12, 2008
    Interested...is there any way you can link to some sound samples?
  3. Pedulla?

Nov 18, 2008
    St. Louis, MO
  4. bearhart74

bearhart74 Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2009
    one of these in a sunburst just sold on ebay for 750. I almost bought it.
    Pedulla? likes this.
  5. totallywink

totallywink Supporting Member

I had that exact bass back in the early 90s - Candy Apple Red Pedulla 5. Super sweet bass (although I did trade it in for a Modulus Flea 5 in Colorado). What I can say is that it sounded fantastic especially when using the mid-boost switch. I'm not in the market for a 5'er at the moment but Pedulla makes a great bass. GLWS!!!!
    Pedulla? likes this.
  6. Pedulla?

Nov 18, 2008
    St. Louis, MO
    Price Drop Bump
  7. I have a Pedulla Rapture 5 and love it. "Player's bass" is how I'd describe it too, not because of the wear and tear but because of the sound and feel. It's just fun to play. $1000 seems like a bargain, good luck!
    Pedulla? likes this.
  8. The switch actually cuts the low-midrange. The "boost" is actually the normal, flat, tone of the bass.

As for the tonality of the Rapture 5, I'd say it sounds somewhat in-between a StingRay and a P-Bass, but with a smooth Bartolini character from the single humbucker. Great ergonomic, playable, instrument, IMO....
    G RICH 5 and Pedulla? like this.
  9. Pedulla?

Nov 18, 2008
    St. Louis, MO
    12Bass is 100% right. I didn't think twice about it when I was typing but the mid switch does indeed cut out low mids. I think of it as an addition by subtraction situation. I know if I really want to cut through to flip that switch and punch up my tone. Your description of the overall tone is spot on as well. It's not really a StringRay or P-Bass, it just kinda sits around that area. Thanks for the help!
  10. Pedulla?

Nov 18, 2008
    St. Louis, MO
    Price dropped to $900.
  11. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    For the record: The solid color Raptures have / had an ongoing issue with adhesion to the base coat...it's akin to the candy coating on an M&M. On the plus side, the single Bart pickup configuration sounds better to my ears than the traditional J/J offerings. Killer deal on one of the most ergonomic basses I've played!

Pedulla? likes this.