Peter Hook Amp/Tone Emulation (Alembic F2B or Hiwatt..?)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by stambroker, Sep 6, 2018.

1. stambroker

stambroker Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2011
    NYC
    Hey all,

Wanted to see if there were any users of Hiwatt or Alembic F2B pedals on here that use those preamps to approximate Peter Hook's tones, especially from Joy Division's second album Closer and New Order's first album Movement. I previously had a Tech21 Leeds but it wasn't ideal for my setup - kind of want to try out the Catalinbread WIIO or RAH.

I'm very, very tempted to purchase a JohnK custom FET-F2B and may do so - for those lucky to have a johnk pedal, how much does it nail the tone of the original preamp? If only johnK still made his clones of the EHX Clone Theory, I think the one he created on his page is gorgeous and I'm in the market for a boutique clone/rehouse!!

Of course, paging the master @johnk_10 if he wants to give his take!

Thank you all!

2. The FET-F2B is the bomb & my current favorite for clean vintage tube vibe for recording.

3. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Washington DC
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    See if you can find a Broughton Super Stack or the upcoming Broughton Silver Deluxe.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
    stambroker and jazznrick like this.
  4. NKBassman

NKBassman Lvl 10 Nerd Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Is that the new Broughton preamp?

5. stambroker

Aug 12, 2011
    NYC
    Thanks for this, the Super Stack looks like it's EXACTLY what I'm looking for. Now I just need to find out how to get one!!!

Also, what is the Silver Deluxe? Tough to find information on Broughton pedals but I know of the stellar reputation from players here whose opinions I respect.

6. NKBassman

Jun 16, 2009
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Super Stack is discontinued/existed before the formal website and current lineup of pedals. Your only hope would be to find one used.
    Also curious about the Silver Deluxe...

7. stambroker

Aug 12, 2011
    NYC
    Oh no, that's heartbreaking... does he do custom orders for discontinued "standard" pedals?

8. NKBassman

Jun 16, 2009
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Nope, no custom orders anymore.
    You can sign up for his newsletter on the website for announcements. There may be short runs of certain discontinued pedals in the future.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  9. stambroker

Aug 12, 2011
    NYC
    Bummer. Thanks for the information!

NKBassman likes this.
  10. So this new Silver Deluxe will give me tones like “Isolation”?

11. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Washington DC
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    He’s been planning a Super Stack short run for a while. Keep an eye out.