1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Phil Jones bass amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rani, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Rani

Rani

Oct 11, 2017
    hi my partner died and I am looking to sell his equipment
    Please can someone tell me what is this and how much should it sell for
    Thank you

Attached Files:

2. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    Sorry to hear about your partner, and sorry to tell you the rules here require you to be a supporting member to ask the "how much is it worth" question. Have you tried checking recent ebay or reverb auctions for the same model? Should give you an idea.

3. bholder

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    I just checked the Phil Jones site and they don't have that combo available currently, but the amp head alone by itself goes for $1899 new, if that helps. Definitely a high end amplifier.

4. Rani

Rani

Oct 11, 2017
    Thank you
    What is this item called is it an amp?

5. bholder

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Yes, it's a "combo" bass amplifier (combo meaning the amplifier head and speakers are together in one box). It's a very nice amp, for what it's worth - Phill Jones makes very good stuff.

6. PaulKaplan

PaulKaplan Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2013
    Western Massachusetts
    bholder likes this.
  7. Rani, I too would like to add my condolences for your loss. I would become a complete basket case if I lost my lady. My thoughts are with you and I wish you the best going forward into the rest of your life. Please remember you have family and friends, hopefully, so lean on them for support as you need it.

8. porterbass

porterbass Supporting Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Chicago
    Hi Rani, I'm very sorry for your loss. As someone else wrote, that amp is a Phil Jones Six Pack. Very good "boutique" amp. The price on reverb.com is probably around what it should sell for but you can do a google search and see prices the past few years. I follow the Phil Jones prices as I've owned a number of his amps. I can't really see the condition of your partner's based on those photos so the price may adjust a little up or down for that.

Here's the old link to the info from the Phil Jones website - Six Pack Bass Combo at 700 Watts – Pure Sound for Bass Guitarists | Phil Jones Pure Sound

Best wishes to you.