SOLD Phil Jones BP-400 lightweight amp head

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by SeayBass, Oct 8, 2021.

1. SeayBass

SeayBass Supporting Member

Price:
    United States
    Great small clean head!
    Dimensions: (WxDxH) 9.6″ x 7.6″ x 1.7”
    Weight: 2.9 lbs (1.3Kg)

200w 8 ohm. [email protected] ohm
    Great condition. I don't believe there's a better amp this size. Full featured 5 band PJB 350w fits in a gig bag.
    20211008_191011.jpg

20211008_190906.jpg

Attached Files:

2. 834federal

834federal David Brodie

Feb 25, 2012
    Philadelphia
    How does this do with upright?

3. SeayBass

Awesome for upright. That's why I bought it.
    In fact, I took this to a bass shop and compared it several other high end amps a while back, expecting to find something I liked better. There was nothing better for my upright set. The other amps included Magellan, berg, dna- all very very good products.

These are very clean. The input switch is a 3 way mute, medium impedance and higher impedance. The high impedance works beautifully with piezo pickups.
    The 5 band EQ was all I needed to reduce problem frequencies and dial in a myriad of great tones in any room.

4. 834federal

834federal David Brodie

Feb 25, 2012
    Philadelphia
    might be interested in this one.

5. 834federal

834federal David Brodie

Feb 25, 2012
    Philadelphia
    Tempting, I must say.

6. SeayBass

back up for sale.

7. SeayBass

One thing I want to mention about this amp that's not in the manual- it has a power-saving feature when it goes unused for ~10-20 min. This is especially great if you leave it on in the basement and walk away for 3 days.
    It wakes up when you play for a second. I freaked out when this happened to me the first time, naturally. PJB explained the feature via an email.

8. SeayBass

the aforementioned standby mode is described in the session77 product manual

9. SeayBass

Offer?