1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Phil Jones Compact 4 LITE! Only 21 Pounds! NEW condition

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Fixitinpost, Dec 28, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Fixitinpost

Fixitinpost Gold Supporting Member

Nov 5, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Price:
    $450
    This Phil Jones Compact 4 Lite is in new, mint condition. Purchased a few weeks ago directly from the PJB online store with the intention of eventually getting another one, but I've since decided to go with a Compact 8 instead. Never gigged, used only a few times at low level with a D-200 at home.

Description and specs from the PJB site:

The “Compact 4 Lite” is made for those who seek an ultra-light weight bass cabinet.

“Neo Power” 5″ drivers were used in a Compact 4 cabinet constructed from Baltic Birch plywood. Rigid internal bracing keeps cabinet coloration to its lowest. It reproduces effortlessly the true tone of any bass or player. You hear subtleties and nuances in your playing never heard before. Your sound becomes more prominent and inspiring to you, your band, and your audience.

Physically, the Compact 4 Lite has the flexibility and portability of being used alone or stacked as multiples. At 21 lb weight, you can easily lift it with one hand!

Quantity is limited on this model. Black finish only. Slip on cover included.

Key Features

• Speakers: 4×5″ “Neo Power”
    • Power: 400W
    • Impedance: 8 Ohm
    • Frequency: 35 Hz – 15KHz
    • Dimensions( W x D x H): 14″x12.5″x13.5″
    • Net Weight: 21 lbs
    • Connection: NL4
    • Slip on cover included
    Compact 4 Lite – Phil Jones Bass

Will ship in original box. Includes blank warranty card (I haven't registered this online either).

New, these are $579 direct from Phil Jones. Save a bunch and get this like-new one for

$450 Shipped CONUS only.

Will trade for GK MB Fusion 500 or similar light amp.

IMG_1507_zpstkr63uvw.
    IMG_1509_zpskbnt32ir.
    IMG_1508_zps682kkbz6.
    IMG_1510_zpsjdbarofv.
    IMG_1511_zpszpuwxtbr.
    IMG_1512_zpsrtnshlor.
    IMG_1579_zpsuoy5mydx.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
    thehangingmist likes this.
  2. bassyboyg

bassyboyg

May 28, 2014
    vermont
    I havent seen that blue covering its beautiful was it a
    special order? thats a good deal on your cab shipped someone should jump on that...

3. Fixitinpost

Nov 5, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Thanks. It's not actually blue, it's the standard black, but the lighting does make it appear blue in some of the pics. Yeah, it's a fantastic cab, but it turns out that the Compact 8 suits my needs better. I don't think there are too many of these Lite versions out there yet, so here is someone's chance to get a virtually new one for a pretty good discount!

4. bassyboyg

bassyboyg

May 28, 2014
    vermont
    how did you like the neo speakers did they sound different than the ones in the standard C4

5. cdbrewer99

cdbrewer99 Supporting Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Colorado
    Good for EUB you think?

6. bassyboyg

bassyboyg

May 28, 2014
    vermont
    yes my NS upright sounds great with my C4 or my 4B

7. Fixitinpost

Nov 5, 2005
    Massachusetts
    I've read that there's a difference in sound between the neos and the Piranhas, but I don't hear it. Both sound great, especially for their size. It is quite a bit lighter in weight than the standard C4.

8. Fixitinpost

Nov 5, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Price drop from $500 to $450!

9. bassyboyg

bassyboyg

May 28, 2014
    vermont
    You might as well just keep it to give you future options
    a smaller gig setup or a bigger gig rig, I now have "too many"
    but its nice to have options and whats better than bass options....
    $450 will last you less than 2 minutes but a PJB cab will last with care a lifetime

b

10. Twoxbass

Twoxbass

Mar 9, 2015
    Hey there. Did you sell this product or take the listing down? I'll take it off your hands if not!

11. jajo

jajo

Jan 25, 2016
    Hay.
    I got one of these recently... amazing sound! Hi-fi like. Maybe not a lot of low end but I don't really need it. I run it with a GK MB500 and its awesome! The only problem is that it's not loud enough (no poopie, it has 95db spl). I was wondering if 2 of them would be enough for clubs and maybe for a little bigger gigs. What do you think? Because I'm really into the sound and don't wanna give it up :) I usually play more of a progressive rock, but the drummer is one of the few in here that knows the "piano" playing ;)
    What do you think?

12. bassyboyg

bassyboyg

May 28, 2014
    vermont
    poopie?