1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Phil Jones - Double Four or Bass Cub 100?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Nunovsky, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Nunovsky

Nunovsky

Sep 4, 2004
    Portugal
    Hi, everyone!

I'm looking for a portable amp that can function as a practice amp and can handle some rehearseal settings and even small gigs, along with DI signal to the PA.

I was looking at the Phil Jones Double Four which seems to be a nice portable amp with 75w rms output and I was inclined to it. But then I saw the Bass Cub 100 and I noticed that the price was about 100 euros higher than the PJ Double4 bundle with the gig bag.

What are you impressions on these two amps? Is there much diference with the output between them? Does the Double4 perform well with a drummer (not so loud one)?

2. alembic76407

alembic76407

Apr 29, 2004
    Oklahoma
    the PJB Cub 100 has a gig bag also and 100 watts, I love mine

Nunovsky likes this.
  3. lug

lug

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    From what I've heard, the Double 4 sounds a bit deeper but the Cub is definitely louder. I wouldn't think either is going to keep up with a drummer unless he shows a lot of restraint.

Nunovsky likes this.
  4. Nunovsky

Nunovsky

Sep 4, 2004
    Portugal
    So from what you say, the D4 retains better the low end? That is a plus.

But the Bass Cub besides being louder has DI output and two channels.

I wasn't expecting it to keep up with a loud drummer, but I've made small gigs going direct to the PA and with one of these amps I could use as a monitor.

5. lug

lug

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    Sounds like the Cub meets you needs better.

Nunovsky likes this.