1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Phish fans help me

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Herb_me420, May 14, 2006.

1. Herb_me420

Herb_me420

May 3, 2006
    ontario
    alright im new to this whole site still and all, and i kept reading things about phish. So i decided to download some of their msuic. AMAZING. although ifind some songs are amazing some of them well just arnt as good. so if all you phish fans could leave your fav songs by phish id greatly appreciate iiit. thanks.:bassist:

2. merdenoms2590

merdenoms2590

Apr 30, 2005
    46 Days
    Down With Disease
    Weekapaug Groove
    Mike's Song
    Gumbo
    Tweezer
    David Bowie
    Cavern
    Ac/Dc Bag
    Bathtub Gin
    Landlady
    Bouncing Around The Room
    Harry Hood
    Birds of A Feather
    Chalkdust Torture
    Wolfman's Brother
    Stash
    Run Like An Antelope
    Sneaking Sally Thru The Alley
    Axilla
    The Sloth
    Fluffhead
    Farmhouse
    Dirt
    Bug
    Talk
    Theme from the Bottom
    Charatcer Zero
    Guelah Papyrus
    ^^^ theres a small list, but my list goes on and on

3. i think my list would be shorter if i just listed the ones i didn't like :)

it might sound stupid, but i like every single phish song out there...they have yet to disappoint me :)

4. The whole of the "Billy Breathes" cd is very good, I think.

5. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Everything on the album Lawn Boy. I can guarantee you that you will not be dissapointed with that album.

"The Mango Song" is good too; it's on A Picture of Nectar.

6. get the dvd "It"... simply amazing and will really get you into them

7. Jiggybass

Jiggybass

Nov 15, 2005
    Sudbury, Canada
    Nuts, Now you guys got me addicted...

8. You asked for it:

Llama
    Cavern
    Stash
    Geulah Papyrus
    Tweezer
    The Mango Song
    Chalk Dust Torture
    Strange Design
    My Friend, My Friend
    Pebbles And Marbles
    Mexican Cousin
    Friday
    46 Days
    Dirt
    Cities (cover)
    Wolfman's Brother
    Mike's Song
    Birds Of A Feather
    Limb By Limb
    Brian & Robert
    Ya Mar
    Character Zero
    Wilson
    Punch You In The Eye
    Lizards
    Harry Hood
    David Bowie
    When The Circus Comes
    Roses Are Free
    Loving Cup (cover)
    Free
    Waste
    Billy Breathes
    Prince Caspian
    Esther
    Fluff Head
    Fluff's Travels
    YEM (You Enjoy Myself)
    Divied Sky
    Bathtub Gin
    Sleep

Some of these are more acceptable when you first get into Phish, some are better for once you start really getting into them. But thats just a list of my personal favorites (there are so many more, but I had to stop myself)...

9. Everything thats on this list is awsome as well...

10. For the record, Sneaking Sally is not a Phish song. It's a Robert Palmer song.

I like Junta which I believe is Phish's first album.

11. Herb_me420

Herb_me420

May 3, 2006
    ontario
    thank you everyone..phish is unreal

12. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    About 15 years ago I was in a record store and they were playing "A Picture of Nectar." I had to ask what was playing, and I bought it on the spot. That started me.

I saw them play live several times from 1991 to 1993. Fortunately, I had good contacts at the sound company that did their tours. I got to hang out with Paul Languedoc, who was not only their FOH engineer but also built Trey's guitars and Mike's basses.

13. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    How about favorite basslines???

Split Open and Melt
    David Bowie
    It's Ice
    Weigh
    Contact
    Ghost
    Tweezer
    Suzie Greenberg
    Birds of a Feather
    Makisupa Policeman
    Weekapaug Groove
    Llama
    Mike's Song
    Meatstick
    Down with Disease
    Wolfman's Brother
    Harry Hood
    ok this is too hard, haha

14. Just get hoist!

Duh...Yeah the only ones i dont like are the bad ones and they even grow on you.

Studio wise Hoist, Ghost, and A Picture of Nectar are my favorites, but try to get some live shows anything post 94 IMO.

oh...You enjoy Myself, nuff said

15. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    don't forget about Rift - probably my favorite studio disc.
    also find the Siket Disc - studio jams with no vocals!

16. Mergz

Mergz

May 15, 2006
    Fishman said the very same phrase word for word when I interviewed him for my colllege radio show in Hartford in Spring 1993.

I think the best Phish album is Rift. I prefer their monster songs - David Bowie, Reba, Tweezer, Fluff 's Travels, You Enjoy Myself and Guyute, Harpua. I love Wilson, Split Open and Melt, Limb by Limb and Bouncing Round the Room for groove factor and lyrically speaking, the first verse of sleep is great and so is Limb by Limb by the way. I dislike pretty much everything after Rift, except Story of the Ghost and a few songs on Farmhouse. Live, they lost me after Spring, 1993. Their pseudo farewell show in 2000 was cool though. It reminded me of shows I went to early on.

17. Bob Lee (QSC)

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    You can probably get a number of live recordings from other Phish fans. The band freely gave permission to fans to tape their concerts and even swap them.

At a show at the Roseland Ballroom in NYC, the area behind the FOH platform was for the tapers. Some of these guys had mic stands extending 10 feet up or more, some even with large-diaphragm condenser mics on top. Crazy! As as the house lights went down just before the band took the stage, out of the corner of my eye it looked like the floor dropped out behind us. It was because the tapers, practically in unison, all suddenly crouched down to start their recorders.

Paul L told me he used to provide a stereo feed from the board to anyone who wanted it, but stopped that practice because it seemed to give many of the tapers a sense of entitlement to other things, like AC power. The final straw was when one idiot unplugged the AC to the effects and processing rack so he could plug his stuff in. ;)

18. Bob Lee (QSC)

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    A college radio show in Hartford? Cool. I was on WWUH (Univ. of Hartford) back in the early 80s, even though I was a student at another school. What was yours?

19. Mergz

Mergz

May 15, 2006
    I was at Connecticut College in New London from 1990-1994. WCNI is the radio station. I also interviewed Merl Saunders and Bela Fleck, both very nice gentlemen. Bela played at the theater in New London (the name escapes me, Garde Arts or something) and Merl played at the El and G club in New London.

20. Bob Lee (QSC)

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Cool! I've always liked college radio, and I've tuned in that station a few times when I was in or around New London.

New London had some of the best Independence Day fireworks shows I've ever seen.