1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Phish Hampton Coliseum MARCH 09!!! FOR REAL!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Linas, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Linas

Linas

Jan 6, 2005
    Chicago
  2. acubass

acubass

Oct 10, 2007
    Albuquerque, NM
    I hope not. I am at work and cannot access the phish site. How may shows are there on the tour? Info Please.

Thanks

3. Phantopeth

Phantopeth

Jan 10, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Three Shows, March 6th, 7th, and 8th.

This is from the phish.net newsletter I recieved this morning:

"Phish will re-unite to play three shows at Hampton Coliseum, March 6-8,
    2009, as announced via an awesome time lapse video at phish.com. There will
    be a lottery (hosted by MusicToday) for "a limited number of tickets",
    ending Friday 10/8. Public sale begins 10/18 via TicketMaster. More:
    phish.com/videosplash"

you can see their announcement at www.phish.net

HOLY CRAP I'M SO EXCITED! haha, sorry for the caps, but I had to. I've already looked into lodging in Hampton and everything seems to be full already... either I'm doing something wrong, March is a very popular month for VA, or all the Phishheads got in before me. Oh well, I'll sleep in my damn car: I am THERE!

If I don't get tickets, I'll be heartbroken.

4. acubass

acubass

Oct 10, 2007
    Albuquerque, NM
    These shows will be sold out so quick. I will put in for the lottery (as well as everyone else i know) Keep those fingers crossed. I guarantee someone will pay 1K for a ticket.

Kinda makes me wonder about Coventry though. That show was horrible to hear and worse to be at I wonder why they went through all the drama just to come back to soon?

In anycase I'm pumped.

5. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    Yeah, definitely going to try and go to this.

6. Phantopeth

Phantopeth

Jan 10, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    It's not necessarily too soon. This time apart was (or will be) over twice the length of their hiatus. It all depends on if the boys are going to be disciplined enough to behave themselves.

Coventry in general, although it did have some great moments (I have the recording), was lousy musically and a pain to get into. However, I came away from it with a lot of fond memories. Hell, the story of the 50 hours I spent in traffic alone is a great one. I would do it all over again.

I'm going to enter into the lottery (and try to convince some non-fan friends of mine to enter for me, too), and probably find a Ticketmaster Box Office around here so I can be there the minute they go on sale, if I don't get the lottery.

7. lm183902

lm183902

Aug 19, 2007
    Denver, CO
    This is the best news ever. I heard rumors all day yesterday, and was on phish.com right when they made the announcement at around 3:15 AM. I put my ticket request in right after, and haven't been to bed yet.

As for Coventry, it was what it was - and yes, it did suck. But, I'm really hoping they just come back and totally redeem themselves.

8. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    Brilliant! I just found out that one of my closer friends from high school, not only does she go to school in Virginia, but her dad lives quite close to the Hampton Coliseum, and I've gotten the OK to crash there! Lodgings, check!

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is a good day.

9. lm183902

lm183902

Aug 19, 2007
    Denver, CO
    That's a definite score. All hotels in the area have been booked since late last night. It looks like if I get a ticket, I'll be crashing pretty far from the Coliseum.

10. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Considering flying out from California for this. :hyper:

11. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    As you should sir. Then all of us can indulge in some of the finer greenery in life and have an informal Phish GTG. :ninja:

12. Linas

Linas

Jan 6, 2005
    Chicago
    Lets do it. Bummer about the hotels. Ill have to see if i can find something else... sucks, last time i saw them at hampton i think the nearest campground was like an hour from the venue.

13. acubass

acubass

Oct 10, 2007
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hotels...na don't need em. I've got a honda element. My futon cover fits perfectly in the back with the seats folded up.

14. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    Just requested tickets also...

What exactly is the deal with that?

it's a lottery?

15. 250GBsOfAwesome

250GBsOfAwesome

Jul 11, 2008
    Holy ****, the Hampton Coliseum is a 20 minute drive from where I live. I'm as good as there.