Pickup the World preamps

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by ToneRanger, Jun 28, 2005.

1. Has anyone tried the preamps from Pickup the World?

I'm interested in their basic on-board preamp for an EUB - there's not much info on the web so,I emailed and got this response:

"The P-5 has shielded coaxial cable inputs and outputs, and is in a shielded*metal tube 13mm diameter by 52mm long. It has a gain trim adjustment on one end, and the wires coming out the other. The cavity does not need to be shielded, but the coaxial wires should have shielding on them at the joints (we include copper tape for this). Typically, the output is run to a separate*volume or blending control. We also make*pre-amp circuits with the same features, but build them directly*onto the back of volume or pan pots for the same general price, and also sell the pre-amp gain stages in their 'raw, un packaged state) for $6 each (the P-5 uses two of these with a 10Kohm trimmer in between).*
    If you'd like to discuss your particular applications a bit more, we do a lot of*'one off' wiring harnesses for folks, and can usually turn them around in about a week.
    David Enke
    Pick-up the World
  2. Hey Toneranger,

I have one of these pre-amps on order for the EUB I am planning on building. I am going to use it in combination with your Piezo Pickup, so I will let you know how it works after I get it. I imagine it will be a few weeks before I am able to test it as I just got the wood for the body of the bass.

I would be curious if anyone has tried one of these before now.