1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pickup Volume

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Luke S Mouse, May 21, 2011.

1. Luke S Mouse

Luke S Mouse Guest

Jun 5, 2009
    Recently I repaired an Epiphone EB0 I've had for several months, piecing it back together and replacing the faulty factory humbucker with a Dimarzo Model 1. It plays fine, but I'm having trouble with loudness of the pickup when I plug it in bass to amp. Any suggestions in fixing this problem?:help:

2. Sounds like it may be in the volume and/or tone pots or the wiring itself. A one pickup EBO, like a P Bass, is an easy wiring job. Stew mac pots are inexpensive enough.

Or you wired it backwards causing it to be out of phase. Been there, done that.

If not, bypass the volume and tone control and see how it sounds. Wire some short wire with clips on the end to a jack and plug it in.