Pink's bassist

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Figjam, Jul 31, 2004.

1. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Im watching SNL (the one with Al Sharpton) and Pink is performing. The bassist is blonde, a female (attractive), and uses a black jazz bass.

In the second song Pink played (she kept singing 'god is a dj..' maybe thats the name of the song, idk) but the bassist was laying down a nice groove. Anyone know who she is?
  2. K-Frog

Feb 6, 2002
    Camden, AR, USA
    I'm watching it too, remembering that I just saw here in the latest Bass Player mag, at the newsstand. I think she was in an ad.

She was grooving pretty hard I'd say.
  3. Superdave

Apr 20, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    In BP magazine, she is in an ad for the Infeld Shark bass. Her name is...Leah Randi.
  4. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Anyone else hear that song? I thought it was real nice. I also noticed she seemed to use at least 3 fingers on her right hand often.
  5. ad9000

ad9000 Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2004
    Leucadia, CA
    Leah Randi is the daughter of Don Randi, LA session keyboardist who worked on zillions of '60s and '70s records along with Carol Kaye, Hal Blaine, Leon Russell and the other "Wrecking Crew" musicians.
    Don is probably more well known in recent years for his club, (the Baked Potato), which has been "the" musician's hangout in LA for 30+ years.
    I played a weekly gig there for several years in the '90s and Leah was waitressing on and off during that time. Several of Don's other kids were working at various tasks at the club as well, and they even had a kind of "alternative" family band, though I don't recall Leah playing in it. In fact, I had no idea she played bass, so it was a shock to see that she was doing the Pink gig. (What happened to Janis Tanaka?)
  6. I was just about to mock her at the knees technique when I heard her bassline. :bassist: Nice.
  7. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA

That's it, just... WOW!
  8. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    And on another note, her tone was killer!
  9. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Looks like a Sadowsky too.

Damn, she's got it all!
  10. grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    I think we need a "ALOT" more pictures of Leah! :hyper:
  11. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
    I concur.
  12. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    That explains the tone.
  13. Pink was on the Footy Show here a few months ago. I think Leah got more air time than Pink did! She has a good voice too.

14. Her pic in the Bass PLayer ad isn't exactly attractive but yeah she sounds pretty good.
  15. I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    Thats a fender with what looks like Barts in it....She is perfect!!!
  16. McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    No idea, but I saw that bit, & thought to myself,,, cool riff!
  17. ERIC31

Jul 1, 2002
    Maricopa, AZ
    Get your groove on girl!!!! :bassist: