Pirate's Booty???

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bassthumpa, Oct 27, 2005.

1. bassthumpa

Aug 31, 2004
    Austin, TX
    So I'm at the grocery store picking up a few items, and I pass by the 'au natural' section. I happened to glance at one of the endcap basket, and there were bags of some kind of snack food in it. I take a closer look and...

Its "Pirate's Booty". Seriously.

What the ham sammich? Now, I know what the word 'booty' means in terms of treasure and pirate talk. But dang, who names a snack Pirate's Booty? How does that conversation work? You can't just play that off and say "I'm eating chips"... no indeed:

Dude 1: "Hey man, whacha munchin' on?"
    Dude 2: "...PIRATE'S BOOTY."

Dude 1: "Lemme try some of that PIRATE'S BOOTY you have there..."
    Dude 2: "Sure..."
    Dude 1: *munch munch munch* "Hey, this is some pretty good Booty!"

Host: "Help yourself to the spread! We have plenty of chips, salsa, and queso, sandwiches, finger food... oh yeah, don't forget to try the PIRATE'S BOOTY, its great!"

It says its aged white chedar... so it probably smells like booty too.

If that wasn't bad enough, what's up with that pirate on the bag? Hands on his hips with the limp wrist action. At least they could have done it Captain Morgan style, or with the fists on the hip... but nope. That's no manly "arrrrr" going down there, matey. No indeed.

Man, that's wild. I have to wonder if the group that came up with this product were dying with laughter when they gave it the final stamp of approval.
  2. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    That stuff is great!! I can go through a bag in one sitting. It does smell quite strong when you open the package, but it tastes great.
  3. Are they like potato chips or popcorn?
  4. Judging from the description on the bag, I think it's some kind of hybrid snack.

Please pass the Pirate Booty. :hyper:
  5. I think it should be called Pirate Buns.
  6. FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    Its actually more like popcorn-shaped cheetos. Except much lighter. There's gotta be only a couple ounces in the whole bag. So light. Really good though! I highly suggest them to everyone!

Edit: Also, that brand makes these things called "Tings" which are also great!
  7. Are these like a local thing, and if so where? Ive never seen anything like that. Sounds kinda yummy.
  8. They're GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT! Seriously, if you get a chance try some. But I think, as far as odd snack foods go, these are much better:
    Spicey and delicious!
  9. Now, I HAVE had those, and they are quite yummy. They used to sell them at my old school. Me and my friends would buy a few bags and eat them throughout class.
  10. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    They are a national product, I believe. MidnightJazz is in Texas and I am in Massachusetts.

On a side note, the company that makes Pirate's Booty also makes a snack called Girlfriend's Booty. :) I can't remeber what type of snack it is, though.
  11. I wouldn't eat Pirate's Booty. They aren't very good about wiping. And TP is rare on pirate ships.

12. I was in a supermarket that was giving out bags of Andy Capp's Hot Fries.

God, the last time I had a bag of those was 4 years before that.

It felt good.

Then I remember how hot they REALLY WERE!
  13. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    I agree these are good, but the portions per bag are so small I can't help but feel ripped off.

Odd, I've never seen the pirate booty snack. You'd think San Francisco would be a prime market for that...
  14. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Meh... (just to clarify, that's a "meh, they're not that hot to me because I'm so tough and manly," and not a "meh, I'm indifferent to your post," meh.)

brad cook
  15. Dude, I laughed so hard I cried.
  16. They also have "Veggie Booty."

Arrr, the Pirate Booty is mighty tasty, matey...
  17. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    It's always nice when someone tries to make up a funny joke, and then post it on the internet. All of the explaining really ruins it, although the visual aid was an added bonus.

18. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    I thought this was a thread about Gwen Stefani :(
  19. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    Pirate Booty is awesome. I eat that stuff all the time. I pick it up at Trader Joe's. It's kind of like Smartfood.