Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Played an awesome bass today...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by greg, May 21, 2005.

1. greg

greg

Jun 1, 2004
    Austin,Tx
    Today i was at Bass Emporium and i noticed a new Ritter 7 on the wall.....http://www.bassemporium.com/item.php?sku=0430
    I talked to John about it for a few minutes and he asked if i wanted to play it so a few minutes later i plugged it in through an aguilar ag500sc and i think the cabinet was a bergantino 322 or a 210...
    Well all i can say is that it was frikin incredible. I was a bit nervous at first because the neck was much bigger than im used to but after a few minutes it was extremely easy for me to play. THe bass sounded amazing. My only complaint is i would like the lower horn to be a little longer, it just felt a little uncomfortable. For a 7 string bass it was amazingly light, about the same weight as an MTD kingston heir 5 string. I think that we have another extended range bassist on our hands :D .... After my Yancey 6 i will deffinetly be buying a 7. I want this bass though sooo bad its the shiznit hehe.
    -Greg

2. form52

form52

Mar 17, 2005
    WOW!

That is a thing of beauty.

Only thing I don't hink I'd like about it is that sword inlay.
    I like the clean look personly. Not that it matters. At $9000 List, it's just one more bass I'll never be buying.

I could never justify spending that much on a bass.

3. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    That inlay is amazing. :)

4. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

That is really something!. All those figured maple tops i have seen on those basses have been just out of this world. :bassist: