playing mp3s through bass rig?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by MacheteJames, Aug 3, 2004.

1. OK heres the situation... I just got an Acme B4, and I want to play my Mp3s through it. I've got a Sansamp BDDI, and I tried hooking up the Sansamp's input jack to the line out of the soundcard with an adapter. I plugged the Sansamp's output into my rack setup, a BBE BMax and a QSC power amp. I can get the Mp3s to play, but the volume is really, really low, and it sounds like I'm playing it through a clock radio instead of an 1800 watt bass rig. Turning up the gain and volume does not help. What gives? One thing I did notice is that the Sansamp circuitry would not engage (the red light will not come on) with the line out from the computer plugged in to its input.. if I plug a regular instrument cable into it, it comes on no problem. What am I doing wrong here?
  2. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Leave out the samsamp. I run my MP3's straight into the amp. I do the same with CD and mini disk players. The signal is uaually hot enough that a preamp isn't necessary.
  3. is the line out jack from the soundcard stereo?
    if so the sansamp probably isn't switching on because it needs a mono jack to bridge the middle and ground in its input socket.

you could try using a stereo-to-mono adapter.
  4. You guys rule.. I plugged a line out from my soundcard straight in to the active input (the signal was actually pretty hot), and it worked great... it sounds amazing, too...