1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Playing silently - newbie me

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by fronzolostronzo, Nov 18, 2018.

1. fronzolostronzo

fronzolostronzo

Nov 18, 2018
    Hi everybody, I'm a new user (nice to meet you all).
    I hope this is the right forum, in case it's not, I humbly ask the mods to move this thread to its right one.

I've played the bass guitar since 2008, but I see myself as a total newbie, I do not play in a band and I haven't mastered any kind of technique, but my love for the instrument is strong and it keeps me playing awful sounds from time to time.
    Now I would like to start taking this hobby seriously and I really want to step up a little bit: I'm going to buy a new Warwick Streamer LX4 (J-P), and in the meantime...I'm moving to a new flat (so I need to be as quiet as possible)!

THE ACTUAL QUESTION
    I'd like to play my instrument cheaply through my computer or some sort of device, then add a mp3 track to it and play everything with some headphones on.
    I found this device on the web (Caline SCURU S2), but I reckon it's not possible to register something with it.
    How can I register my sessions for a small amount of money (eg: 100-150$)?​

THE ACTUAL QUESTION (2)
    I'd also like to buy an electric guitar (Ibanez RG550/Charvel So Cal) and play over my recorded tracks, do I need additional gearing?​

Thanks,
    Franz

Greetings from pizza land :bassist:

2. fronzolostronzo

fronzolostronzo

Nov 18, 2018
  3. jthisdell

jthisdell Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2014
    Roanoke, VA
    From a practical standpoint virtually any low cost, low wattage practice combo will have a headphone out and an aux in. Look at something similar to the Fender Rumble series. You should be able to find something used easily.

4. Mcgiver69

Mcgiver69

Sep 28, 2005
    England
    If you want to do it very cheap then your best option is :

- Buy this Behringer USB recording interface.
    https://www.amazon.com/Behringer-UM...9308&sr=8-4&keywords=behringer+u-phoria+umc22

- Register your product with Behringer and you'll get a code to download the OEM version of Tracktion Waveform which is a recording software (fully featured)

If you don't want to deal with the Behringer registration process then just go to Tracktion website and download their free version (fully featured and not restricted) Tracktion T7.

That combo will let you do what you want for only $30.

5. Bodeeni

Bodeeni Supporting Member

Jan 13, 2010
    NYC
    I use both the Presonus Audiobox and the Focusrite Scarlet interface into the PC or Mac. Several cheap DAW programs to record and play along. Most have bundled in Amps and effects. I do it every morning. This is Sonar up on the screen, but the interface box lets you play direct and blend in the computer audio. Easy, Cheap and Hi Fi
    IMG_1044.

6. I use a Vox AmPlug exactly for this application. It's a cheap little plastic box which plugs right into the bass, has an out for your headphones, some volume and tone controls, an onboard drum machine (very basic) and, most importantly, a line-in, so I can plug in my ipod and playback my music.

10007349_800.

gebass6 and G-Z like this.