1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Playing through headphones!

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by DayoftheGreek, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Well, I have a number of question about this, because I am pretty confused right now. I want to listen to an amped signal of my bass through normal headphones, with the same size jack that fits into an MP3 player.

However, I don't have a headphone out jack on my amp. I only have tuner out (is this amped at all? or raw bass signal?) and send/receive effects jacks. Does the amp run the signal through the amp, then through the effect pedal, then out of the speaker? Or does it apply the effect to the raw bass sound, then amp it, and put it through the speaker?

Simply, can I play my bass through my amp, without any volume from anything except the headphones?

Thanks!

2. Are you playing out of a combo amp, or head/cab?

3. Yes, its a combo. A Genz Benz ML200 112T to be precise.

On that same note, will turning the master volume to 0 and using the pre-amp as volume do what I want?