1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Please help me select a GPS unit

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by kissmybASS01, Oct 3, 2010.

1. I recently had my Garmin 265WT stolen from my vehicle :crying: and now am looking for a suitable replacement.

I've narrowed selection down to choices I can get for "free" through a rewards program (Airmiles). I realize that there are a sea of units out there, but these ones fit my very tight budget right now.:rollno:

The candidates are:

TomTom XL340TM
    TomTom XL350
    Magellan Roadmate 1470

From the research I've done along with anecdotal stuff from friends/co-workers, TomTom seems to be the better choice. I liked my Garmin's ease of use along with its ability to tell me what side of the road my destination is on. Something I don't believe these do. The TomTom with its FREE continual updating ability seems to be strong plus.

Anyone have any experiences with any of these units? As well, how compatible is the software with Mac computers?

Thanks in advance:hyper:

2. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

May 30, 2006
    I have a TomTom--------GREAT device! Very user friendly and clear as a bell in directions---simple.

3. Simo98

Simo98

Jun 18, 2009
    QLD, Australia
    For some reason, I read the title of this as one of those smart spammer things.

"hello good friends .

i lost GPS unit last week and need replacment . possible you help to me choose a new one from this site . I think XXXXX is a good deal at only $9.95.

sincely thankyou"
    :ninja::ninja: