please i need help.. im new at EUB & DB bass

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by ashmashpunkhead, Sep 19, 2005.

1. ashmashpunkhead

Sep 19, 2005
    ive been playing a norm electric bass for some time and i wanna change to an upright. im interested in playing rockabilly music, and learning slap (not jazz) such as in bands like tiger army, stray cats and the living end. ive been told that i want an upright bass, but do i put pickups in it, does it already have them, and is the difference between that and an EUB is that EUB is plugged into an amp? ive looked around and seen 'slap basses' and other such types, and now im really confused. :help: ive seen electric basses (the smaller things) and i know what ive seen other rockabilly players play are the big ones, but if their not small and electric do they just have big pickups in them or something?

PLEASE HELP! i dont know much and im willing to learn the new technique that is required, but im no longer sure for rockabilly playing what type of upright i need anymore. could anyone direct me as to what type i need and what kind of prices/ other gear ill have to be looking at? (EUB or upright with pickups?? AH!!, im confused!)
  2. Francois Blais

Francois Blais Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Québec, Canada