Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

PLEASE VOTE!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RyKnOw, Dec 20, 2005.

1. Schecter Studio 5

48.6%
  2. Ibanez BTB

51.4%
  1. RyKnOw

RyKnOw

Jul 23, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    Buying tommarrow.....
    Schecter studio 5 for 120 w/ trade in

OR

Ibanez BTB for 30 w/ trade in

2. teej

teej

Aug 19, 2004
    Sheffield, AL 35660
    I've always been a fan of Schecter, especially the Stilleto. Plus, I think the quality and electronics are of better quality than Ibanez stuff.

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I voted BTB, i dont really like either but i like the BTB more.

4. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    What are you trading?

5. Neither. I'd say an Ibanez SR900 or a Cort A5. Forget the BTB, and definately forget about that Schecter. You really want to pay that much for EMG Hz's???

-ryan-

6. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
  7. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

+1

The Schecter is a little better sounding, but I can't stand the tight string spacing.

The BTB has wider spacing, which makes it the winner for me, out of these two.

But I would not buy either of these.

8. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    BTB, but I agree that better can be found... especially when we don't know what your needs are in a bass. More info would be helpful.

9. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    In this case, I think the BTB obliterates the Schecter.

10. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    Ill also have to go with the BTB only because I think it has a better resell value. However, I would also not go with either bass.

11. gambit0714

gambit0714

May 19, 2004
    Suffolk, VA
    IMHO the schecter is a wayyyyyyyyyyyy better bass. IMHO :p

12. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    I'm not an Ibanez fan, but the BTB's are nice basses, & I'd choose it over a Schecter.

13. I like BTB's and dont like Schecters at all, sound or feel, just isnt right to me . . . this must be the most useless poll ever, its 24/24 right now :p

14. Add one vote for the Schecter. Have you played these two basses? There is a HUGE amount of difference in playability between these two. I find it hard to believe that you dont favor one over the other.

15. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    I've owned a BTB and it was a decent bass...

16. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I repeat.

17. DrSmaggs

DrSmaggs

Oct 15, 2003
    Endorsing Artist:
    I voted BTB, because I love the way the neck and string spacing feels. I have no issues with Schecter. I also found a bubinga bodied Spector that I really want!

18. Poon

Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    That's what I'd like to know. some of the high end BTB models are actually pretty nice. The BTB1005 with the Bartolini Soap Bars sounds and plays decent for what they are...

I think we need to establish what kind of music you are playing or what kind of sound you want.

19. woody357

woody357 Supporting Member

Jun 17, 2005
    I like both basses, but I traded my BTB 405QM for a Schecter Elite 5, and I'm very happy with the trade. The string spacing on the BTB was wide, but I didn't have any trouble with that. The string spacing on the schecter is tight, and takes some getting use to, but I've done that. Over all it was the sound that got me even with the added head space you get with the 18volt pre amp on the BTB I had to tweek, and tweek to find the sound that i wanted. The Schecter has a fat sound that is perfect for the stuff I do.

20. instigata

instigata

Feb 24, 2006
    New Jersey
    and now its 47 46.. daymmmm

i voted ibanez, cos i have one and love it 9an sr400) and the schecter felt "cheap" to me

however, i recommend a 5 string sr, like the 405. its more liek the schecter.