Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

POD PC recording????

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by demax666, May 18, 2004.

1. demax666

demax666

May 9, 2004
    Hi there! I have a bass POD and cakewalk home studio... is there a way to use the POD to record like that? Can anyone explain me how to do the right connections, which cables shoud I use etc etc etc.... :bassist:

Thanks a lot!!

2. Neil C

Neil C

May 19, 2004
    It depends on what inputs your soundcard has. You may be able to connect directly into one of them (some cards/breakout boxes have sockets designed for plugging guitars into which would be ideal).
    The output from the Pod is a bit weak to go directly into the inputs of my Echo Mia so I'm guessing that it will be the same for some other cards in which case you might need a pre-amp.

The Pod manual (if you don't have it you can download it form the Line6 website) explains how to connect up.

Oh, and refer to the gear & equip sticky. I suspect that tells you all you need to know.

3. demax666

demax666

May 9, 2004
    Right! I just thiking about buying a Sound blaster audigy.... got any alternative?

4. Neil C

Neil C

May 19, 2004
    I've only used the soundcard that I have, but the Terratec DMX6 Fire is something I would consider in your situation. There are others.
    The Audigy 2ZS cards are the best of the Sounblaster range and seem to be well specified, but from what I've read on forums and in magazines I'd steer clear of any Sounblaster cards.