Popup hiding...

Discussion in 'Forum Usage Help' started by MattZilla, Mar 14, 2018.

Tags:
  1. MattZilla

MattZilla

Jun 26, 2013
    CNY
    IMG_0257.PNG sneaky little guy just chilling at the bottom of my screen. He won't pop up on his own, he won't let me drag him up. He is there on every new tab I open to read TB today. Just a shady bar with an "X" inside of a circle. "Please don't close me" he pleads. The rest of the site seems to be functioning fine whether or not I close the non-up-popping popup. I suppose it's really just a pop since it never comes up?

2. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    Ah hah! Sneaky. I'll get this fixed in a few minutes. Should only be there for unregistered search-engine traffic.

MattZilla likes this.
  3. Jeff Elkins

Jeff Elkins Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2007
    Johnson City, TN
    I’m getting some weird popups that don’t impede my view or any functionality. I can clear them with the X—they show up at the bottom of the screen, first a little bigger with the X in the right corner, then they quickly resolve lower with the X in the center.

Not every page or post, but one out of five that I navigate to. Screen shots:

9B8715F8-B769-43E0-8147-443E4ABDDC26.png 2B7E1F57-CAC0-4434-9ABC-36926E20CC20.png

4. Xad

Xad

Sep 23, 2015
    Pennsylvania
    Yep, me too

5. beaglesandbass

beaglesandbass Think first, then post? Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    I’m currrntly seeing this as well, Paul

6. catcauphonic

catcauphonic High Freak of the Low Frequencies Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Seattle WA
    Mine started about halfway thru the day, looks the same as the OP's & others. The very first time it made an appearance it said something ad-like, but i don't remember exactly what. I clicked the little X, and now it just peeks out over the bottom, and doesn't seem to be on every page, or hindering browsing TB at all otherwise. I'll see if I can screenshot the little bugger :lock:

7. MattZilla

MattZilla

Jun 26, 2013
    CNY
    Gah! Just as I read Catcau's "I'll screenshot the bugger" I noticed it did have a lil ad for oil changes or something. I went and scrolled and now it's shy again.

8. BurnOut

BurnOut It's The Billy Baloney Show In Memoriam

Feb 1, 2015
    The Natti
    Yep me too, just started yesterday. I don't mind the banners, pop-ups after years on here are kinda annoying.

MattZilla likes this.
  9. MattZilla

MattZilla

Jun 26, 2013
    CNY
    IMG_0261.PNG

GOTCHA! At least it's the second least ugly of the currently available station wag- I mean "SUVs".

Jeff Elkins likes this.
  10. saltydude

saltydude

Aug 15, 2011
    boston CANADA
    Make it go away!!! :bawl:

11. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    Sorry, we're still working this. Should be gone later today. In the meantime just hit that X to make it go away

MattZilla and Jeff Elkins like this.
  12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 22, 2022