Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Post Appearance/format different in different forums?

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Bruce Lindfield, May 6, 2004.

1. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Since the new look forums, I have been meaning to ask about this - but it is a bit irritating.

So on the BG side, the details of the poster appear as before, to the left usually, with details of location.

But when I venture into the DB forums - these details are in different places on each post and more importantly, location doesn't appear at all - making it harder to judge where somebody is from and thus whether it is worth mentioning, for example - things in Europe/UK, if they are US-based.

Why does it appear on one part of the forum and then without changing any dettings or defaults, is it different in another part? Isn't this a bug worth fixing, or is it particular to me somehow?

2. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    I've noticed this to, but it helps me to realize when I've strayed over into "Mr. Johnson's Property".(the DB side)

3. Bruce Lindfield

I don't mind the DB side being "different" and/or distinctive, but it would be very useful to get an idea of where people are from, when posting - so I will respond differently to UK posters, as their experience is going to relate more closely to mine!

But anyway - surely this must be a bug in the forums and needs to be fixed?

4. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    fixed :)

5. Bruce Lindfield

Thanks Paul!! :)