Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Posting once every 60 seconds....

Discussion in 'Forum Usage Help' started by Ty McNeely, Feb 7, 2004.

1. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    I see the purpose behind it, but does anyone else hate the fact that you can only post once every 60 seconds? I type pretty fast and I already have my responses formulated when I click reply, so I'm usually sittin' there waiting for 30 seconds to pass (while continuously pressing the "Submit" button :p ).

I guess I would be another product of our impatient, fast-paced society, eh? :meh:

2. It's for finger relaxment.

3. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Maybe it is to think over what you have just written or what you are going to do next... Maybe the next time you could read yome interesting posts in the thread, too, not yust write? ;) :D

4. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    BTW how on earth do you get so many numbers in your post-counter? Did you ever read an entire thread before posting ;) or how do you find time to play bass with so much time on the net? :p :D

5. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    How do I get so many numbers in MY post counter? My friend....look for the names "embellisher," "Brad Johnson," "Bruce Lindfield," and "John Turner."

I am humbled in their almighty presence:D

BTW--I understand that it is to reduce spam, but thats what the new super-mods are available for, so I don't see why we really need it. At least make it like 30 seconds or something--any decent troll has an attention span that maxes out at 22 seconds, so we should be good.

6. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    Hey Ty, lemme guess. You heat your pop tarts in the microwave.

7. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX

I HATE poptarts. Always have. Those things are EVIL and DISGUSTING!

8. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Pop tarts are teh r0x0rZ!