1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Posting Pictures

Discussion in 'Forum Usage Help' started by Bassmanbob, May 28, 2011.

1. Bassmanbob

Bassmanbob Supporting Member

I did a search with the words Posting Pictures and found nothing that could help me.

How do I reduce the size of my pictures so I can post pics here at Talkbass?

Is there a program I can download so I can do this?

Thanks,

Bob

2. JxBass

JxBass Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2008
    Did you see this in the FAQ?

How do I add pictures to my posts?

There are two ways to add a picture to your post. The first and best way, is an available option when the image is already on the web somewhere. If this is the case, grab the URL of the image (in most browsers, right-click on the image, then "copy image location"). Then, in your post, paste in that URL, and wrap it with tags.

This will display your image "in-line" - that is, it will appear full size, in your post exactly where you put the URL.

The second method is to upload image attachments to your post. This takes up space in your attachment quota (which is larger for Supporting Members), and the images will appear as small thumbnails beneath your post. A user can click the thumbnails to get the full size version.

To upload an attachment to your post, below where you type your post text there is an optioned labled "manage attachments". Follow the instructions there to upload your images. Note the size (filesize and dimension size) restrictions on uploaded images.

Given the fact that there is no size restriction on 'linked' images vs 'uploaded' images, and given that linked images appear full size in the post, this is the preferred method of including pictures in your post. There are websites out there like PhotoBucket.com which will host your images for you at no cost.

3. Ronnietex

Ronnietex

Aug 11, 2011
    trying this. thanks

4. BrewskiBassist

BrewskiBassist

Nov 29, 2011
    the tags need to be [​IMG] for anyone as confused as I was.

5. Puffy

Puffy

Apr 22, 2010
    Oregon
    6964746457_2b314a3c9b_m.

6. bourbonbass

bourbonbass Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2012
    new orleans LA
    This may be a little off subject, but is there a way to send pics through a PM?
    Thanks for the help

7. GENRLEE

GENRLEE

Jul 16, 2012
    How do you add a profile pic? Looked all over the settings and don't find where you can do so. Do you have to be a supporting member to do it?

8. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    you upload an avatar from your profile. You need to be a supporting member to do so. thanks!

9. Any advice from posting pics from phones. I do 99% of my talkbass from my phone. With the old app there was no problem but this new one tells me I do not have permission. But I can do it from my pc.

10. TEST

[​IMG]