1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

PR-410hlf or 2 PN-115hlfs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by thunderfish, Sep 26, 2018.

1. thunderfish

thunderfish

Oct 29, 2010
    So, as much as I love my Ampeg PR-410hlf, it’s getting a bit heavy to lug. A million years ago, I used to rock a Kustom 2x15 with a Sunn Coliseum and remember the thick delivery. Wondering what would happen with two PN-115hlfs, as compared with the PR-410hlf. Using an SVT-4PRO. P-Bass Deluxe in passive mode about 99.999% of the time. Not caring too much about highs or high mids these days.

2. drobinsn

drobinsn

Feb 15, 2007
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Check out the Ampeg PN410HLF. I had the PR410HLF, 410HE, Eden 410xlt SWR 410 Goliath, Mesa PH410. IMO the Ampeg PN410HLF beats them all. The best part is that it only weighs 67lbs. It also delivers plenty of low end. It's a keeper for me.

thunderfish likes this.
  3. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    The PF115hlf probably has the closest tonal response to the PR410hlf with that huge low end response.

thunderfish likes this.
  4. baxter_x

baxter_x

Nov 27, 2013
    EU
    Interesting as I'm looking for a nice 410 to replace my two SWR 410 GIII....

5. thunderfish

thunderfish

Oct 29, 2010
    With the 4-pro, the pair would look a little odd (I’m weird that way). How might two PN-115s sound? I’m reading things like “flat” and “lifeless”, but am not convinced. Value your opinion...

6. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    You know, I've never tried the PN cabs, and Ampeg had the whole PN lineup at NAMM, and I kept saying to myself that I must try them, and with all the NAMM chaos and special presentations and talking to folks, I didn't. So I'm sorry but I can't answer with any basis of knowledge. Ampeg themselves describes them as sounding like Ampeg cabs but a little cleaner and clearer.

BTW, I just noticed a typo...I typed PF115hlf when I meant to type PN115hlf. They don't have a PF115hlf, only a PF115lf, no h. So anything I said in that post you quoted, I meant for the PN112hlf.

7. Crash 181

Crash 181

Feb 23, 2019
    Just checking to see what you went with. Just picked up a nice Svt 7 pro used and playing through a 4x10 he cab. Not enough low end for me. I've been looking at adding the pn 115.
    Thanks.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 15, 2021