TRADED Prat M-BSV for Fender P5 or Stingray 5 Classic

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by TideSwing, Mar 24, 2018.

Tags:
  1. TideSwing

TideSwing Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2014
    LV
    Price:
    Strings:
    Super sweet Prat M-BSV for sale or trade. I originally bought this due to needing as light as possible 5-string due to a shoulder injury. I was worried this bass only had a sound geared towards solo playing, however with the Norstrand Dual Coils and Noll 4 band pre-amp + 3 position coil switches for each pickup, you can get a good amount of tones to use with the band. Also, the Nordys sound nice in passive mode via the push-pull knob. Guaranteed that whatever you put in, it will be very clear and articulate.

I can also see why many solo style players go the boutique route for playability. The flat radius neck, comfortable profile, 33" scale combined with the TI jazz rounds makes it easily the fastest player I've had. The B string is still solid at this scale length however the TI Jazz Rounds do require a very light touch. Currently the action is very low so you may need to raise it a bit to accommodate your playing style. I did have some slightly higher tension Dunlop Super Brights on that have a snappier, livelier sound but I removed them and kept the action ultra low as there's no buzz with a light touch. 1/4 - 3/4 turn of the easily accessible truss rod will raise it up a bit if needed.

Not that I want to have a heavier bass, but with physical therapy, the Doc cleared my shoulder for normal use so having a 7lb. bass, while nice, is no longer a necessity. Also, I can get back to a less expensive bass + a backup and not have to worry about where I'm bringing the 2k bass. Trade value at $1875. I'd probably be most interested in a Precision 5 or Stingray 5 H or Classic (preferably under 9.5lbs. if possible) + cash to me. Would also consider the Sterling by MM series. Please PM me any offers. Worst I can say is no to a trade or cash offer. Thanks.

Specs:
    Prat M-BSV 5 string
    33" scale
    28 frets
    Nordstrand Dual Coils
    Noll 4 band Preamp
    Vol/Blend/Bass/Treb/Stacked Mids
    Series/Parallel/Single Switches for each pickup
    Ash body
    One piece quartersawn maple neck
    Wenge fretboard
    Koa top
    Matching Wood Ramp & Knobs
    Hawaiian Island Inlay
    Hipshot Ultralite Tuners
    Hipshot A-Bridge with 16-17mm adjustable spacing
    Thomastik Jazz Rounds (B-G)
    Dunlop Straplocks
    Extra Set of (E-C) Black Beauties
    Zippered Soft Hardcase
    7.4 lbs.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
    Jazzish likes this.
  2. Jazzish

Jazzish

Mar 5, 2006
    That is beautiful and really dig the koa / Hawaiian Islands thing going. Lived and gigged in Hawaii for a few years.

late80s likes this.
  3. TideSwing

TideSwing Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2014
    LV
    This is one of those cases where it plays just as good as it looks too!

Jazzish likes this.
  4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 16, 2022