1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Precision and Humbucker basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by doctormoose87, Jan 15, 2012.

1. doctormoose87

doctormoose87

Feb 12, 2011
    Hereford UK
    Hi All

Just after some info on any PH pickup arranged basses after I saw Troy Sanders playing one. Info I'm after is brands and prices mostly.

Cheers

2. Rip Topaz

Rip Topaz

Aug 12, 2005
    Willow Street, PA
    Beta tester for Positive Grid
    Do you mean like Billy Sheehan or are you meaning a humbucker in the bridge position?

3. doctormoose87

doctormoose87

Feb 12, 2011
    Hereford UK
    Sorry, humbucker on the bridge.

4. Troy Sanders plays a Fender American Deluxe Precission. To my knowledge, the bass is entirely stock apart from strings. The humbucker is, literally, two single coil Jazz pups put together.

3116115981_b3c13a8672.

As for other brands, Schecter offer the Diamond P-Custom which is a clone of the American Deluxe P. Alternatively, if you're keen on a Jazz/Humbucker setup, Schecter also have the Stargazer-4 model which is a (shoddy) clone of a Rickenbacker bass.

Diamond P-Custom
    [​IMG]

Stargazer-4
    [​IMG]

5. doctormoose87

doctormoose87

Feb 12, 2011
    Hereford UK
    That Diamond p looks very very nice. What's the neck like on them? I struggle with p bass necks as I've got smallish hands.

6. PSPookie

PSPookie

Aug 13, 2006
    Ocoee, TN
    American Deluxe P (pre 2010) + jazz neck?

7. doctormoose87

doctormoose87

Feb 12, 2011
    Hereford UK

Just been on Evilbay and there is a 2006 neck but no pre 2010 neck. Damnation!

8. doctormoose87

doctormoose87

Feb 12, 2011
    Hereford UK
    Sorry meant to put no pre 2010 bass.