Precision Bass w/ Mustang Pickup?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by PennyroyalWe, Jun 27, 2019.

1. PennyroyalWe

PennyroyalWe

Sep 2, 2018
    Oregon
    title kinda says it all, anyone done it? I had the thought of putting a mustang pickup in my mim p, but haven’t seen this mod done before. The old bullets from the 80’s were pretty much this set up though, so it’s not entirely unprecedented. I think it’d be a fun way to change the tone and look of this old P. It seems like it’s be easy enough. Shouldn’t have to alter the wood in anyway, just get a new pickguard fashioned for it....right? Really wish Squier/Fender would do a reissue of the OG bullet basses ( fine, and guitars), then I could have both!

2. Warpeg

Warpeg

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    Beyond the rounded shape of a Mustang pickup, is it substantially different in design to a split P pickup?

PennyroyalWe likes this.
  3. I don’t know if the Mustangs are a more narrow string spacing. As long as the pickups sense the strings adequately there’s no reason not to. Let us know how it works out.

4. PennyroyalWe

PennyroyalWe

Sep 2, 2018
    Oregon
    No, but they’re cheap, so why not?

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 27, 2022