1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

precision lyte clipping inputs?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by schecter5string, Jul 25, 2012.

1. I just go a very nice 95 fender precision lyte, with original PU's.
    I really like this bass I just have one problem. With the volume all the way up, and when I dig in it clips the input of my USB interface, my ha3500, and my acoustic B20.
    Are the PU's really that hot? My 18volt Schecter never does this.
    I did not plug onto the active input on the ha3500, I was in the passive, I have never needed to plug into the active.
    Is this normal for the lyte? Do I need to lower the PU's?, or just bump the volume knob down a touch?(which does get rid of the nasty clipping)
    Any help from lyte owners or anyone with experience in this matter please help.

2. Dantreige

Dantreige

Oct 22, 2009
    Wisconsin
    I have never had a problem with my lyte. I've played it through ampegs, hartkes, bass pods, sansamps, etc. etc. Never through a usb device.

The original wiring is onehundred and fifty six gauge though. ;) Maybe something broke loose?

I changed my pups to EMGs a few years ago.

Good luck!

3. Clutchcargo

Clutchcargo Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2006
    Southern Illinois
    S5S, how are things in the land of CAT these days? I've only used my Lyte (completely stock) in various amps and a headphone amp but I've never experienced that problem. I'm actually happy with the factory electronics though many seem to need to upgrade. Sorry I can't help but I've just not heard of that, Lee down at Marion.....