1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Presonus Eureka.... or

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Papa Dangerous, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Papa Dangerous

Papa Dangerous

Feb 1, 2011
    Hello! I have recently acquired a Presonus Eureka that is no longer working properly. I have contacted Presonus about a price to repair it but it left me wondering... If the product costs, say $150.00 to repair, would it be worth just buying something new at this point?

My intent on the Eureka was originally to be used for compression and anything else it offers is just a bonus. I am sure there are a lot of bass specific compression pedals that fall within that price range that may offer more at this point. Considering this product is discontinued, is it worth getting something new or is it good enough that the repair would be merited. Any input would be appreciated.

I am not playing out anywhere or recording at this point and have been on a playing hiatus. Looking to get back into the swing of things with some new or revamped gear.

2. Robertron

Robertron

Feb 12, 2010
    NewYork, NY
    Are you buying New or Used as well?

3. Papa Dangerous

Papa Dangerous

Feb 1, 2011
    I would be interested in buying something new if I opt out of repairing the Eureka. I never got to use the Presonus before so I do not know how it would compare to pedals and vice versa.

4. saabfender

saabfender Banned

Jan 10, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Have you heard a Eureka? I actually had one to test in my studio for a while. An incredibly transparent compressor. It could be turning in 10-12dB of peak GR and you couldn't hear it working at all. I'd say it was cleaner than a RNC. Is that what you're looking for: a compressor that has little sonic signature?

EDIT: They are going for $115-129 on eBay right now.

5. Papa Dangerous

Papa Dangerous

Feb 1, 2011
    I did not even think of checking eBay. I am still waiting on a repair estimate. I only assumed $150. I never actually got to sit down and listen to it. I was given the broken unit and it just kind of sat in the original packaging in my closet and I just forgot about it. I am only now starting to begin my research into compression and seeing where I end up with it all. My first thought is to always check in with this community lol