SOLD Price drop: $350. '97 Squier MusicMaster Vista

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Bunk McNulty, Apr 27, 2018.

1. Bunk McNulty

Bunk McNulty It is not easy to do simple things correctly. Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2012
    Northampton, MA
    Price:
    $400
    Strings:
    Price drop: $350. So, I take a bath on another one...:D

’97 Squier MusicMaster Vista Short Scale. Far from pristine, this is a player. I cannot guarantee that I got every single ding pictured, but you’ll get the general idea. This is all stock except the Seymour Duncan tele-stack pickup, which required a bit of routing, as you’ll see in the pics. (You can also see the original Sonic Blue color. Years of exposure to sunlight have brought up the yellow of the varnish, so it looks green now.) You’ll see a lot of commentary on the super-deep Vista pup; I found it just too noisy to deal with. With the SD humbucker, no noise, and when you crank the tone knob all the way to the left, it booms like crazy. All the way right, and it’s super twangy. Will ship with the SD installed and the original Vista pickup (Street value, as best I can tell, is around $30.) Weight is 9 lbs. even; 30” scale, 19 frets. Neck is in good shape; nut 1.62", I don't know what to call the neck shape, I think it's a modern flat oval. Ships with original Vista pickup and original sticker-laden case. Asking $350 shipped CONUS with case and extra pickup. I confess, I bought this on impulse (these were the flavor of the month around here for a while), and now I have another impulse that requires additional cash. I’m just an impulsive guy, I guess.

If you are unfamiliar with these, you’ll find more than you ever wanted to know at this link: Squier MusicMaster Vista Club

Also this Fender forum link. Some people are really gaga about these little guys.

Okay, let the parade of dings begin:

IMG_5772.jpg

IMG_5773.jpg

IMG_5774.jpg

IMG_5780.jpg

IMG_5776.jpg

IMG_5779.jpg

IMG_5775.jpg

And here's the routing, showing the original color.
    IMG_5783.jpg

And the Vista pup in the SD case:
    IMG_5785.jpg

and the fabulous case:

IMG_5768.jpg

in action:

D2atbirdjam032018.jpg

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
    MikeBass, foolforthecity, ICM and 3 others like this.
  2. Treebeard

Treebeard

Jun 5, 2016
    Cary, NC
    Bear Light Symphony, TimepeaceNC Band
    drool

Bunk McNulty likes this.
  3. IPA

IPA

May 5, 2010
    This one is killing me... My good friend in high school had the Venus that matched this and I always wanted it when I played guitar. You may catch me in a payday moment of weakness soon...

Bunk McNulty likes this.
  4. bass J

bass J

Jul 18, 2015
    Good looking bass!

5. At that price I wish I could justify adding another Musicmaster to my group.

6. Bunk McNulty

Bunk McNulty It is not easy to do simple things correctly. Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2012
    Northampton, MA
    I'm here for you. :D

7. Bourbongangster

Bourbongangster

Nov 5, 2015
    PM sent.

Bunk McNulty likes this.
  8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021