SOLD Price drop Frankenstein Fender P/J

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Zachiguess, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Zachiguess

Zachiguess Supporting Member

Oct 17, 2016
    Pennsylvania
    Price:
    Strings:
    United States
    Up for your consideration is a build that really lost my interest after spending so much time with luthiers.

The neck is a brand new MIM roasted maple Fender P bass neck. The body is a Fender Highway one MIA jazz bass body. Brand new Gotoh GB10 Tuners. Preowned Dimarzio Model P pickup.

I had the body professionally routed for a P pickup in the neck position at Ithaca Guitar Works in Ithaca, NY.

I had the tuners “professionally” installed at a more local to me shop.

Disclaimer on that: they broke four of the tuner screws attempting to install them in to the non pre-drilled headstock. Upon drilling them out, they plugged the holes with real wood dowels and managed to set the tuners without any other issue. The posts were also a touch too small but they made it work.

I believe the pickup to be wired wrong also. It’s thunderously loud and the tone control seems to do nothing. For someone more electronically savvy I’m sure it wouldn’t be any issue to fix.

The body and headstock both have a few superficial dings from bouncing between the two shops.

Will come with extra J volume pot.

I’d really like to stress that this isn’t the perfect build and I’d like to be as transparent about the issues as possible. I’m about $1200 or so deep in to the project and trying to recoup some cash or trade for something cool.

I’d be happy to answer any other questions. Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

2. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Beautiful and classy.

3. Luthiers...guitar "techs"...guys with tools...lol

There are thousands of repair stories in the naked city!

ReillyProductions likes this.
  4. Zachiguess

Zachiguess Supporting Member

Oct 17, 2016
    Pennsylvania
    Dropped the price on this project bass. $1000 shipped!