1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Price Drop!! Sadowsky NYC 24 JJ 5 String

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by M Sterling, Apr 22, 2018.

1. M Sterling

M Sterling Gold Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Price:
    Strings:
    I swore I’d never do this! It’s the perfect bass. Lightweight at 7.8 pounds (seriously!) and a tone machine. Unfortunately, home repairs are requiring me to temporarily downsize. Owning this bass has been a surreal experience and I will put my custom Sadowsky order in as soon as my house is repaired and sold. I’m so excited for that moment!!!

This is a Black Super Sparkle 24 fret JJ NY Sadowsky. It was made in 2013 and I purchased it in 2015 from a talkbass member. Since that time it has been gigged a bit but taken very good care of. I upgraded the pickups to Sadowsky single coils ($200+labor), and hooked it up with a 0 gravity Sadowsky strap. Other than that, it is stock.

This bass plays better than I thought was possible. It just has the perfect neck! It balances perfectly and feels like air. A truly effortless playing experience. We sometimes do up to 3 hr sets and I have never experienced any kind of fatigue in hands or back. The sound can be hifi and modern when boosting the preamp, but using the VTC gets it warm and vintage. It sounds great in all modes, but the bridge pup is a head turner. Every time. Sound engineers and fans alike manage to comment on the looks and sound more often than not.

There are some normal wear signs, because it was my main bass for a while. One small finish scuff on the body that is barely visible and could be buffed out easily and a few tip of the headstock nicks. There is some discoloration on the black bridge and a little scuff where the b string goes into the bridge slot. It is impossible to see unless you are specifically looking for it. The frets are in good shape with some play wear but plenty of life left. Overall, the bass has the feeling of an extremely refined instrument that has been broken in properly.

I’m asking $3800 shipped in the ConUs. I can’t do any trades ATM but am usually curious to see what’s out there. I’m going to regret this and you will understand why the moment you lay your hands on it. It will ship with the Sadowsky strap with strap locks that match the recessed strap locks on the bass. It comes with the Sadowsky hybrid hard/soft case. I will set the bass up and string it with new Sadowsky blue label nickel strings before shipping. Please don’t hesitate to PM with any inquiries.

Here are a few pics. The first one is from the previous seller's thread. Please note neither of these pics do any justice to the absolutely gourgeous black sparkle finish. I’ve never seen anything like it. Reminds me staring at the sky on a clear starry night. Not to mention it has one of the most heavily figured Birdseye maple fingerboards I’ve ever seen. Thanks for looking!

11041641_10153412040042873_7092860228525834129_n.
    IMG_1074. IMG_1075. IMG_1076. IMG_1077.
    IMG_1081.

Pic of the body scuff. Not even close to being through the finish. It i located between the pickups close to the upper edge of the body. Extremely hard to photograph, even harder to see in real life.

IMG_2926-2.

Headstock dings.

IMG_2928.

And finally a little vid of me improvising. Theres some palm mute, finger style solo and groove, slap...all the stuff.

A play along to a track I recorded...

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 3, 2018
  2. Joeykun

Joeykun pronounced ジョーイくん Supporting Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Shirley, MA
    Endorsing Artist: SADOWSKY / GENZLER
    Looks like Timothy’s.

M Sterling likes this.
  3. M Sterling

Sep 23, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    It was his!!!

Joeykun likes this.
  4. seventhson

seventhson Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Nice playing!

elkkid2 and M Sterling like this.
  5. M Sterling

Sep 23, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Thanks!!!

6. Bassmann79

Bassmann79 Supporting Member

Mar 7, 2015
    If my NYC 4 string would move, I'd seriously consider this!

M Sterling likes this.
  7. M Sterling

Sep 23, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I am verrrry close to taking this off of the market! This bass is just too good to let go of. If you are interested, hit me up soon before I come to my senses!!!

elkkid2 likes this.
  8. tomshepp

tomshepp

Jan 11, 2006
    Maynard MA
    +1

M Sterling likes this.
  9. robthebassplaye

robthebassplaye The World Needs More Bass Players - Start Early !! Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2010
    chicago
    Well, if you want to keep it, then you probably should not sell it.... :>( That would be one way to not keep it.

PM on it's way

M Sterling likes this.
  10. M Sterling

Sep 23, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ok this bass is definitely for sale!!!

Bassmann79 likes this.
  11. Nathan Peck

Nathan Peck

Sep 8, 2010
    New York City
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar David Gage Czech-Ease, Mono, Kala UBass Fishman Seymour Duncan
    Takes courage to sell an NYC Sadowsky bass!

bassman06 likes this.
  12. Bassmann79

Bassmann79 Supporting Member

Mar 7, 2015
    Not really but it takes courage to BUY one! : )

13. M Sterling

Sep 23, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Definitely takes courage to do both! I will be ordering a custom Sadowsky very soon, so I do have that to look forward to!

Lots of interest this weekend so this one probably won’t last much longer!

Bassmann79 likes this.
  14. wes stephenson

wes stephenson Supporting Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Dallas Texas!!!!
    Dangit!

15. M Sterling

Sep 23, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Alright folks!

This bad boy needs to go to a new home! If you've been on the fence, make an offer and lets get this done!

16. M Sterling

Sep 23, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Deal pending...