Primus Hallucino-Genetics DVD

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by chump stain, Nov 28, 2004.

1. I just picked up the new Primus DVD and it's a must see for any bassist. It left me feeling like Les is the "Jimi Hendrix" of our era. Herb and Ler are also on top of their game. I can't stop watching it!

Anyone else check it out yet?
  2. milo

Jul 22, 2004
  3. trog

Nov 8, 2003
    Pirating is bad, mmkay?
  4. I don't have the capabillities to rip and share on this old PC. Besides, it was like $11.99 at Best Buy. Why wouldn't you own it?
  5. Just buy it, you won't be sorry. Great sound, nice images and plenty of 'fingershots' of mr. Claypool. Pirating is a crime against the creativity of genuine artists like Les, IMHO you should show your appreciation of his work by purchasing the DVD TWICE, so you can give one away as a Christmas present to a fellow bassplayer. Peace! :)
  6. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    BUY IT! It's fantastic!!!!

One of things I love about Claypool's bands (and this goes for Primus, C2B3 and FFB) is the fact that the bass drum is so prominent in the mix and this is clearly evident on the DVD.

The audio and video are excellent - a HELL of a show, too! You gotta love a set that includes Southbound Pachyderm, Jerry was a Race Car Driver and My Friend Fats - just sick!!
  7. Stinkoman20xx

Oct 19, 2003
    Its a good dvd for the price but I was dissapointed. I could think a bunch of songs they could of played and I wish they showed alot more of ler actually and close up of his hands to figure out what he is playing cause alot of his stuff on guitar is HARD to play. Ler is about as creatvie and inovative to guitar as les is on bass.
  8. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I picked it up last week. Rather enjoyable! I got for 11.99 at Tower Records.
  9. odd.. I never heard of it, but now... I think I know what my fiancee is getting me for xmas because she has been going to the mall alot in the CD store...

maybe I can find out :bag:
  10. pbzep0670

Dec 2, 2004
    Harriman, TN
    I had been wondering how good that DVD was. It's on my Christmas list so I'll probably get it.
  11. Watching this DVD made me build a Whamola ! I read in another thread Buckethead is coming out with a DVD soon . Coolness !
  12. Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    I'm waiting for Christmas to come before I get it.

I'm busy saving my money for an amp.
  13. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    It's amazing, buit I never knew Les used the 4 string so much. He barely used the fretless six, and used the fretless 4 like once...:( Other than that it was GREAT!

14. My exact same feelings... also I like watching the drummers and almost no closeups of Herb... Anyway It is a must for Primus fans, The bass sounds amazing and It is really nice to have the Whamola jam on a DVD...
  15. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    How do they handle the encores on the DVD? Is there just the one from the show, or ones from other shows too? IIRC, this is from the Philadelphia show, but I know I REALLY want to see Toronto's YYZ again, so I'm intensely curious about this.
  16. Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    It's cool. I've always liked Primus. Herb especially, he really drives the band.

But,,,, Les seems to have; a) horrible intonation and b) horrible soloing skills. Well, I guess nothing much has changed then. ;)
  17. troll

Aug 31, 2000
    Chicago area
    I was at that show, and wasn't all that impressed with it, as far as a primus show goes... It was kind of bland, he hardly spoke to the audience which he is usually well known for. The cheese tour show at that venue last year was much more enjoyable.

Any primus watched is great, but relatively so, that show seemed kind of dissapointing. I heard several shows audio from that tour and they all blew the Chicago one away.

18. sambass

Apr 15, 2003
    i thought it was great, saw em at bonnaroo and this brought back some pleasant memories. very much a mindf***
    i agree that larry and tim are just as important, it seemed as though they were trying to keep the cameras out of the way of the audience. I love the shots with the orbs in the back and ler in the front - craziness. A very scary dvd.
  19. Although I'm portuguese (and living in Portugal :) ) I saw Primus once in Marlton, NJ. and I have to say, this dvd blew me away... they're much better now than back in 98.
  20. This DVD is still getting played a ton. It's awesome!

People will always complain about the set list. "They didn't play my song" or whatever. But you'll never please everyone. I wish they would have also put out a DVD of the Cheese tour. That show was killer!