1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Proac Monitors…

Discussion in 'Ask Justin Meldal-Johnsen' started by Dan Bozek, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Dan Bozek

Dan Bozek

Aug 3, 2011
    Outside Pittsburgh, PA
    Endorsing Artist, D'addario Strings
    Curious how you feel about your Proacs (Studio 100s?) It seems like I’ve seen them pop up in more and more pictures of various studios and sessions lately…

The studio that I engineer at is doing some major renovations and upgrades this calendar year and I’ve been plotting to add another set of near fields to the budget since I’m not crazy about what is already here. Or, you know, heck, at $2k a pair it could be conceivable to buy them myself. The same can not be said about getting a pair of Micro Mains no matter how good they sound!! Ha ha ha.

2. jmjbassplayer

jmjbassplayer Justin Meldal-Johnsen

Mar 25, 2005
    I love 'em. However, my new ATC SCM25's give them a huge run for their money in terms of midrange and upper midrange detail. ProAcs are incredible for referencing bass though. At home I use Acoustic Energy AE1's, which now everyone that has ever worked with Nigel Godrich uses. ;) I can't live without those too.

3. Dan Bozek

Dan Bozek

Aug 3, 2011
    Outside Pittsburgh, PA
    Thanks!! I'll have to check all those out.

4. Dan Bozek

Dan Bozek

Aug 3, 2011
    Outside Pittsburgh, PA
    Whew, bud... You have a small fortune in speakers!! Ha ha ha. But, hey, you get what you pay for and you've been doing great work.