Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Problem with a boss effect

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Andra, Aug 31, 2005.

1. Andra

Andra

Aug 31, 2005
    Hi i bought boss bass synthesizer effect SYB 3, and it has a signal but the synthesizer effects are not working, only sometimes they start to buzz a little :crying: it worked just fine when i took it back to the shop but when i came home it was like before, maybe theres something wrong with my bass or amp. I have an active jb and a fender 45W. I also tried playing it with another bass a squier and it didnt work. Cables are working, so what is wrong HELP so i ll be able to :bassist:

2. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Welcome to Talkbass!

Hmmm, had one of those....could it be that the effect volume isn't turned up high enough and all you are getting out is dry (your bass) signal?????

Might be worth wiggling the effect volume knob......

Do you power it with a battery or a transformer.....????

Time for a battery change maybe?? What about the battery in oyur bass (you said it was active), maybe time for a battery change in the bass?

Hope this helps!

3. Higgie

Higgie

May 31, 2005
    London, England
    Yeha the tracking on the Boss Synths are absolute bollocks, so Turn up the volume on your bass, maybe roll off the bass knob a bit if it's near full. That's all I can suggest really, having had no experience of this pedal myself.

4. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland

Agreed - the tracking leaves a lot to be desired.....one of the reasons I sold mine!