1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Problem with buying online....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Torkk, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Torkk

Torkk

Jan 16, 2010
    So, here I sit waiting on the the SR405 I just ordered from GC to arrive. I hate the waiting, until it arrives I can dream lol
    02 sr405NT picked it up for 199.00

2. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    I also would not want to buy a bass without playing it. If I am spending hundreds of dollars, it seems crazy to buy something sight unseen for a few dollars.

3. Torkk

Torkk

Jan 16, 2010
    Im not worried about it, GC has 30day return policy. I was lookin at Ebay for 5ers, but decided not just to avoid the bs. Im just impatient and want it now :)

4. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I used to have an issue with buying things "sight unseen"..but unless you're incredibly hard to please, shouldn't be an issue...otherwise, then sure..wait it out and hope a local shop will someday get in the exact ______ you want.

I am of the opinion that online buying is not about saving a few bucks, but moreso about the vast amount of more options available. I find 80-90% of the local shops so lacking in anything interesting...and the whole addage "we can order it for you" is NO DIFFERENT than you ordering it yourself, except for the middleman.

Disclaimer: I am not disparaging local shoppes, just really crappy local shoppes...most of the cool local shoppes aren't where I go for brand-new gear but moreso unique interesting used gear.

I am also of the opinion that online buying is better suited to people who know EXACTLY what they want, and entirely ill-suited for tirekickers who just love to abuse return policies and jack up prices for everyone else by screwing the retailers into carrying excess, now "used" stock.

Best of luck with the new bass, the wait does suck, lol

5. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    Just remember, you owe practice time on the new axe. :bassist:

6. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Bought my MM Big Al 5 from a TB'er here. I had tried one other and didn't like it that much but this one is a very fine instrument.

The BA5 s-s-s and the Precision V are in a pitched battle for playing minutes these days. Also ordered the P-V before I played it. Both have turned out to be very good players.