1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Proco Rat low end problem

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Billion, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Billion

Billion

Feb 2, 2018
    I have a ProCo Rat clone (is the Little Bear version, with vintage, dirty and turbo switch).

On guitar is amazing but on bass it sucks a lot of low end and when I use it in a pedalboard with my Green Big Muff the difference of low end is huge.

My question is:
    Why I see it in a lot of bassist's pedalboards? How people use it? Why in my pedalboard it doesn't work so good?

2. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Most people who use them on bass either use them in a two-line clean/dirty setup or they just plain don't care that it drops low end. I love Rats but I don't want to do either, so my solution was an MXR Bass Distortion. There are other bass-specific Rats out there as well...Fuzzrocious Cat Tail and Cat King (Fuzzrocious also designed the MXR), Dunwich Volt Thrower, Idiotbox Blower Box...just off the top of my head.

Frodolicious and thefrizz like this.
  3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 2, 2021