Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

proco rat2 sound clips

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by sDg, Oct 2, 2003.

1. sDg

sDg

Feb 26, 2003
    Wise, Virginia
    I did a search and couldn't find any. Does anyone have clips of the rat they could post? It doesn't really matter if has been modded for bass or not. I am more interested in how it sounds with a passive bass (jazz bass).

sDg

2. No clips from me sorry (hell, would you wanna hear my playing anyway? :D )...
    The Rat2 sucks a lot of low-end, but that might not be such a problem on a bright sounding bass like a Jazz. I use one with my Ric, and it really makes the midrange shine - sometimes a little too much though.
    Also it depends a little bit on what style you're playing. For my current noisefest, it's perfect, but for my other dubbymindedness I tend to use something a little smoother like a Prunes'n'Custard.

3. dirtyhippieboy

dirtyhippieboy

Jul 2, 2003
    I've got the rat2 and totally agree with nil about it sucking tone. Although used with my bassballs it sounds wicked. You may want to checkout Proco's newest peddle, made for the bassist not the guitarist. Its called the Juggernaut and it costs twice as much as the Rat2, but will sound a lot better on your bass.
    [​IMG]