1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Project P/J bass body unloaded

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by stshipley, Mar 3, 2017.

1. stshipley

stshipley

May 5, 2009
    Price:
    $50
    Up for sale is a Black Project P/J bass body. No pick guard, bridge, strap buttons, pickups, or electronics are included - just the body.

I believe this was originally a Korean Squier Precision bass body, so that dates is somewhere between 1992 and 1996, though my dates could be way off. It absolutely fits Fender necks.

The body has lots of signs of wear over 20+ years of use - dings to the body, discoloration under where the pick guard would go, pick scratches, buckle rash, but no open wood marks.

A luthier modified the body to convert it from a P to a P/J configuration. This meant clearing space for a 3rd pot, and routing the J pickup. Please Note, the J pickup is in a **70's** spacing, ergo, closer to the bridge than a standard P/J.

The body has a few other quirks. First, the pick guard I used didn't line up with the factory holes, so there are some extra pick guard holes. Second, there are holes drilled for a tug bar in the lower position. Both would be covered by a pick guard and not visible. Third, the previous owner, for whatever reason, drilled a 5+2 hole pattern bridge *closer* to the pickups than standard. If using a standard vintage style bridge, the upper 2 holes would be visible. Lastly, the previous owner used a preposterously large screw for the lower strap button hole, which doesn't accommodate a normal strap button without serious slippage. This is correctable with some wood fill/glue.

If you don't see what you want in a picture, just message me and I'll provide any angle or closeup you want.

Price is $50 + calculated shipping, I'm guessing less than $20, depending on your location.

BEST OFFERS ARE ACCEPTABLE!!!!

E688D096-C392-4264-AEB8-D8EBA37C2294.

454A871C-12D2-4F5C-B0BC-B4F06285A152.

21810A10-E009-48AD-B2AC-D6F7D9C53DB9.

10DAC390-8D0A-4916-A9CD-356514F1B994.

440A357B-2691-4954-9360-D9CC116232AA.

2. 60bass

60bass Supporting Member

Apr 24, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Hey just noticed in your sig that you are Black 'n' Maple club member #311. I have been taking care of the club for a couple of years now and didn't have you on the club master member list. When I took over there were some gaps in the list. Been slowly adding members to the list as I find them.

For all the other weirdness with that body at least the routes are very well done. GLWTS

3. Isotonic

Isotonic

Oct 19, 2011
    Round Rock TX
    Pm sent.

4. stshipley

stshipley

May 5, 2009
    Thank you. I'm still rocking the old Black and Maple Squier Bullet, though I did ditch the Black and Maple Sterling (US)

60bass likes this.
  5. stshipley

stshipley

May 5, 2009
    Sale Pending

6. stshipley

stshipley

May 5, 2009
    SOLD!