Props to Finale and their awesome software!

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Discgraham, Jul 20, 2005.

1. Hey all. I just downloaded Finale's Notepad 2005 and I have to say that this is an awesome piece of software. It's totally free, and very powerful, yet very simple.

Finale Notepad is exactly that. It allows you to write down music and play it back. You can also print it off, convert it to tabs or vice versa. It's about a 20mb download and available for windows and Mac (I run Mac). The interface is extremely simple and easy to use. It allows you to use drag and drop as well. This is very useful because you can set up a regular staff and a TAB staff and drag from one to the other and the program will automatically convert it.

Anyways, I highly recommend this program to everyone. I don't work for these guys or anything, but this software really impressed me, especially because it's totally free! Everyone should have this!

(Ps. I hope this is in the right section)
  2. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    I concur. I've used Finale's Notepad software on and off for a couple years now. I didn't know there was a way to generate TAB though, that's kinda neat although I personally don't have a use for it.
  3. The Clap

The Clap

Jan 5, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    I just discovered Finale Notepad a few months ago and I've been using it a good amount. It's incredibly easy to get music down in that program and it does a great job of putting it all together on the page for printing.