Protools Free- Windows XP - NEED LINK!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by hateater, Apr 11, 2004.

1. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    see title. Thanks in advance.
  2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Is Protools free anyway? Or are you looking for some rum drinking fella's with eye patches, and wooden legs? :D

3. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    I have been there, and it turns out that none of those will work on Windows XP. That is my problem. I have a patch that patches version 6.1 (I think) so that it works with XP.
  4. Protools L.E is actually free, you need to buy an Mbox in order for it to work though. the Mbox comes with a protools ignition pack, with a cd for L.E. Protools doesn't configure to any other hardware besides Digidesign hardware.

Cheapest way in is to look at the M-Audio designed protools ( M-powered) or one of the cheaper Mbox's like the Micro or Mini. I'd recommend the Mbox setup, as i haven't had experience with the M-Audio Protools.

If you are downloading anything off the net for free using no hardware, it is not protools.
  5. moles

Jan 24, 2007
    Winnipeg, MB
    Uh, no - Digidesign has had a free, 4 channel version of Protools LE on their site for download for years.

It's like a demo version - only instead of disabling other features, it only has 4 tracks (and doesn't need Digi hardware to run).
  6. Really? well there you go.

If your actually serious about it, you should just buy it.